How to touch up HA-3???

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there's no simple fix for HA. It's not like paint where you can just dab it in. You can fix areas to cover up the aluminum but it won't give you the protection that HA once did.

HA is an electrolytic acid dip process that's really hard to pin point.

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a possible fix you might try Duracoat. Someone re-did their complete Surefire light with this. It sounds like fairly stout stuff - used to coat firearms. Another solution I've used on a black anodized light is Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black. You need to be able to wash this off with water after applying it.

will

Flashlight Enthusiast
There is no real good way to touch up anodize. the closest thing that might work would be a permanent magic marker.

SlotCAR

Newly Enlightened
Try "Aluma-Hyde" ...

A local gunsmith that restore guns uses it.
For a buck, he has touched up a couple of nasty scratches on a light or two.

You can't even tell there was damage.

TENMMIKE

Enlightened
Lets skip the black magic marker ....i think the best you can do easy is to get a good automotive touch up paint like plastikote clean the spot real good with alcohol or acetone, and either lay a vey small amount of primer and then the paint OR i think you can skip the primer and just put the touch up on it , iv done both, i primer if its bigger then just a small "ding" but to be honest i dont chase after small dings that much.