Bollards !

rik

Newly Enlightened
well, tha video's doing the rounds of the office, now i've laughed out loud.

what a shame, all those people who feel it's their right to drive wherever they feel like because it's convenient to them, and that the parking restrictions and traffic retrictions don't apply to them are having serious damage done to their vehicles.

near me, in order to discourage that very thing, near a school, we have a chunk of road removed, a big oval of steel in the ditch, sticking up about 4 inches above the roadway, and then filled with conrete. the warning sign up the road, and, indeed either side of it says "WARNING. SUMP BREAKER". it still makes me laugh whenever i see fresh oil on the road.

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It must be a common thing here in Manchester, as we witnessed exactly the same thing a few months back !!

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOW! Glad we don't have those here, yet...

I can see they'll be racking up hundreds of hours of hilarious vids. Next: You can get your ticket reduced if you give up rights to your video so the company can sell it.

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
I heard of someone getting his vehicle flipped over onto the roof trying to follow a bus.

Wonder what will happen if I added these to an intersection wired in parallel with the red light.

Last edited:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
They have them installed in a local stadium - really large, thick ones. It's amazing to watch them operate. They look like they're heavy enough to stop a tank!

Where were those installed? I gather it must be some sort of security-sensitive location like an airport or a public arena? Those things came up so fast after the bus passed by that there must be a strong reason to control vehicle access.

Last edited:

Latest posts