Wiseled tactical review on FLR

monkeyboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The review for the Wiseled tactical is now up on Flashlight reviews. It says "review pending" on the homepage but its already up.

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/wiseled_tactical.htm

Oh dear, it doesn't look good at all. All I can say is I'm glad I didn't buy one. Look at that runtime graph!!! Oh good god - what were they thinking!!!

:ohgeez::ohgeez: :ohgeez: :ohgeez: :ohgeez: :ohgeez: :ohgeez:

And I thought the magled was bad.

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
the runtime graph is difficult to get with this light, because it automatically dims the beam from the highest level to the very lowest. Very bad design indeed. In other words, to actually get the runtime graph for the highest setting, you'd have to keep pressing buttons to keep it there.

Some say it must dim for temperature reasons, but it will continue to dim even when it's cool.

Also, the light is not dimming because it's out of juice; on a full charge I let it run for 5 hours before i turned it off.

I am really surprised to see his runtime chart shows the light turned off after 1.5 hours. Last night i had it on *full brightness* for about 1.5 hours before i turned it off.

Last edited:

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
the only way i have found to do that is to either:
1) turn it off, then back on, and hit the B button
2) hold the B button to cycle through brightnesses to get back to the top one.

either solution sucks, but i have found #1 to be the most convenient.

I'd like to add that in normal use, the brightest level is *quite* bright, and i doubt anyone really needs it for longer than a few minutes. Considering the lowest level is still brighter than my U2 on high, pretty much any level suffices for me.

But for the price, i should be allowed to be picky!

zapper

Enlightened
He mentions something about not getting an instruction sheet for the light. If so then the company screwed the pooch hard on this instance.

tenfour

Newly Enlightened
At the same time, he quotes the instructions. All i got with this light was a small piece of paper - he probably got the same thing.

Loomy

Enlightened
That is a light ahead of its time. Those LEDs are simply too hot and numerous to function well, especially in a rubberized light.

Long John

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmmm........:whistle:

One side of the medal are the promises of the manufacturer, the other side shows the reality:sssh:

Best regards

_____
Tom