What is your cordless stickbroom?

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm thinking of getting some sort of stickbroom to touch up the non carpet floors, clean up quick spills, etc between main vacumming and mopping. Basically to take the place of a broom. Do you think they are worth it and any recommendations for say less then $50?

scott.cr

Flashlight Enthusiast
One cordless vac you can AVOID is the Euro Shark. There are several variations from Dustbuster to canister formats, and they're inexpensive, but the battery life is awful. I don't mean the battery life between charges, I mean the number of times you can use the vac before the battery stops taking a charge. (It's a huge wad of NiCd C-cells in such a tangle that you have to be a contortionist to replace them yourself.)

Wife and I bought a $45 Dustbuster some weeks ago... it's not a stick vac, but it has plenty of suckage and the battery life so far is holding up.

RebelRAM

Enlightened
My wife got one of the new Dustbusters last Christmas and we have been really pleased with it.

Here's a couple links
http://www.blackanddecker.com/ProductGuide/Product-Details.aspx?ProductID=6450

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0002TP1LC/?tag=cpf0b6-20

Black and Decker has several models of Dustbuster now, but this 14.4V one definitely has some power. And it's real easy to clean. As to how the batteries last, we only use it for a few minutes at a time, usually to clean up crumbs or spilled catfood. It sits in the charger cradle all the time. After about a year's worth of use I can't tell that the batteries have degraded at all. I don't think the batteries are user serviceable, but for the price, it's probably cheaper just to buy a new Dustbuster when it does finally stop working.

tiktok 22

Flashlight Enthusiast
Swiffer sweep & vac. Works pretty good. Had a shark but scott is right, batteries are horrible!!!

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
Threw away the stick, sharks etc and bought cordless 24v small ShopVac cannister at Lowes Had it over a year. Used almost daily. Battery life not long but charges fast and sense no problems with battery pack. Cost about 40$ I think. Haven't replaced batt pack, but would guess it would probably cost about as much as new vac.

Recommend it if the size works for you.

eluminator

Flashlight Enthusiast
My cordless broom never needs recharging. It doesn't even need batteries. Amazingly it cost a lot less than $40.

broom.jpg

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the biggest wow might come from Elum's manual cleaning device weilded by Uma Thurman.

twentysixtwo

Enlightened
Eureka something or other - basically a dustbuster on steroids with a stick that clicks into the back - what makes this unique is it actually has a beater bar on it. We have 2 cats, a 3 year old a nd a 7 month old so there's always crud on the floor and we don't want the baby to eat it. The charger is mounted to the side of a kitchen cart so we pop it out, pop the handle in and you're good to to. What really sold me on it was the person at Target told me that's what they us to clean up spills around the store (CLEANUP IN AISLE 5!!!!)

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I probably should have done more research on the Eureka. From Amazon, I read fairly good reviews on the Swiffer sweep and vac but upon arriving at Walmart and looking things over, ended up purchasing the cordless Royal Dirt Devil Model 083472 stick vac which has a revolving brush for $28 as I figured unlike the Swiffer sweep and vac, I could use it on carpets as well. Trouble is the suction is very weak. Sometimes you have to go over things multiple times to pick up obvious crumbs. I suppose I'll try it for a little bit but may consider it a $28 wasted experiment (reminding me of the CMG Reactor I bought) and look for better alternatives.