Question for Brock

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Brock,

Was that the LDI convention you were at in Orlando? Some of my co-workers went to the last one (it was in Vegas I think). Any good SWAG?
grin.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Yup, it is LDI (Lighting Dimensions Incorporated). For everyone else, the shows is basically lighting and sound equipment, well really all sorts of entertainment equipment. I went to a couple of workshops the "line array" one was interesting. This is my 5th LDI in a row now. It is in Vegas again next year. I didn't get a lot of swag, but lots of catalogs.

Color Kenitics does have a display booth, I asked them about using LS led's and they gave me a blank stare, I think they were all sales people, at least when I was there.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I didn't get a lot of swag, but lots of catalogs. .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Swag... isn't that one of those 1960s lamps that hangs from the ceiling on a chain?
I've got one of those things in the hall.
blush.gif

confused.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
LOL, I forgot to say "swag" is a term for free stuff, usually T shirts with show or band names on them. I have a closet full.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Artie Choke:
then i guess you're not talkin' about a "Simple Wide *** Guess"!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The way I always explained it was if you actually get something it stands for "Stuff We All Get". But if you go home empty handed it's "Stuff We Ain't Getting".

Actually, the company I work for has some LED pens with our logo that we give out to clients and such and our sister company gives out blue Photon II's. Both, were researched and suggested by yours truly after lots of heavy reading from this board.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:
I went to a couple of workshops the "line array" one was interesting. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you get to hear/see the Meyer M3D? We have been wanting to demo that one for a while.
smile.gif

Brock

Flashaholic
Tree, yes I did. The lecture was done by one of the head guys from Meyer, Scott. We got to listen to a baby array, pretty neat about sound on and off axis. He talked about how the military was using 5-mile long arrays to detect subs and other ship movement on the oceans.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
He talked about how the military was using 5-mile long arrays to detect subs and other ship movement on the oceans.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The worlds most rockin' sonar!! I wonder if in-between pings they play some Zepplin.
grin.gif
wink.gif