Shower Rotation

What direction do you turn in the shower?

• Clockwise

Votes: 15 62.5%
  • Counterclockwise

Votes: 12 50.0%

• Total voters

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
What direction do you rotate in the shower? If you're really good, you can count the speed and # of rotations. Or do you just turn left and right? Personally, I like to turn one direction always, so I get an even amount of water. I might get dizzy if I turn the other way.

I don't think it has anything to do with the coriolis effect.

The poll is multiple choice, so you can choose both if you want to.

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
I have one of those hand-held shower heads so I don't need to turn at all. We got it about five years ago when my mom needed it after hip replacement surgery and have been using it ever since. I heartily recommend them because they allow you to thoroughly rinse areas of your body which wouldn't be possible with a regular shower. I never felt so clean in my entire life. :grin2:

I'm thinking of installing an LED shower light also since it's kind of dark in there. :whistle:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Green - are you bored tonight (or something else)??????? :hairpull: :ohgeez:

So as not to let this thread go totally down the drain (pun intended!)...have you seen those deluxe showers (scroll down and check the bottom 2 out!)? They have about "40 or so" shower heads that rotate, swivel, move all around at all levels - like a carwash for humans.

Some options I've seen for some include: steam, aromatherapy, radio/CD with stereo speakers, dimming lights, etc...

It only takes money!

Last edited:

winny

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here on the other side of the Atlantic, most everyone have hand-held shower heards so it's a non-issue for us, yours truly included. If I wouldn't, I would try to get an even load/wear on both sides so CW turns all even showers and CCW all odd showers or the other way around.

eebowler

Flashlight Enthusiast
I voted clockwise (turning with my right shoulder moving foward,) but that is from my perspective. If you're an outside viewer, the rotation would actually be counter clockwise (wrt the floor ie). :thinking:

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have this image of you now slowly rotating in the shower as if it were some sort of rotisserie...

I haven't gotten to take a shower yet today, so I'll pay attention later and see if I always turn one way or the other, but I think I'm ambidextrous :)

And I know that it's different if I'm alone, or am with.. umm.. someone...

got to save water you know!

turbodog

Flashaholic
Rotisserie: ferris wheel for chickens

James S said:
I have this image of you now slowly rotating in the shower as if it were some sort of rotisserie...

I haven't gotten to take a shower yet today, so I'll pay attention later and see if I always turn one way or the other, but I think I'm ambidextrous :)

And I know that it's different if I'm alone, or am with.. umm.. someone...

got to save water you know!

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know it's it's subconcious modesty, but I rotate with my front toward the wall, back to the curtian. Now that you've made me think about it, I rarely turn with my front exposed to the curtian.
This could also be a "outside the curtian is the coldness" train of thought, too.
I'll be shucking-and-jiving in there after I finish my tea and CPF browsing, so I'll have to pay attention today.

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
eebowler said:
I voted clockwise (turning with my right shoulder moving foward,) but that is from my perspective. If you're an outside viewer, the rotation would actually be counter clockwise (wrt the floor ie). :thinking:
That's counter clockwise. As if one were standing on a clock.

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
My selection wasn't listed either. I have a sitdown shower and I do not have to do any turning even if I could. That cold air on the other side of the shower doors is no fun either.

Trashman

Flashlight Enthusiast
This poll is definintely indicative of some type of disorder. Obsessive compulsive, perhaps?

Anyway, I'm not sure which way I turn. I'm pretty sure I turn both ways randomly. This may sound a little wierd, but I start out showering by sitting down. While sitting, I soap up, shampoo my hair, and shave. Then, I stand up and rinse off. Am I different?

EDIT: This is only the morning and daytime shower routine. After a little thinking, I remembered that, at night, I do everything standing up and don't wash my hair, except, maybe anything that is close to my neck. (don't want to go to bed with wet hair)

Last edited:

Empath

Flashaholic
Clockwise on even numbered days and counter-clockwise on odd numbered day, except in months having an odd number days..... then it's reversed.

Why do you ask? Doesn't everyone do it that way?