Fry's 4D MAG LED $20

vortechs

Enlightened
Have you tried printing the advertisement and taking it to Home Depot to see if they will price-match it?

Here is Durham, NC it is easier and less painful to pull your own teeth than to get either Home Depot or Lowes to price match. I've tried and failed several times. In today's paper Walgreens offered a four pack of AA lithiums for $7.99. I would rather drive the 17 miles to Walgreens than drive the two miles to either of the two home super stores and ask them to price match. Keep in mind that Lowes has a price match + 10% policy in writing on the wall next to the entrance. However, none of the employees seem to know anything about it.

Sometimes I wonder if they can read!

I hope things are different where you live.

vortechs

Enlightened
I went into a Home Depot store today with the page of the local paper that has the Fry's advertisement for the $19.99 4D LED MagLite and asked about the price match. The employee at the counter said they will meet and beat by 10%, so I got a 4D MagLED for $17.99 plus tax :huh: The employee was friendly and it was very easy to do (she just yelled for a manager to come approve it). Based on BigusLightus' report about some other Home Depot's, I think I should respond to the survey on the receipt to let them know how well they are doing :thumbsup: .

700club

Newly Enlightened
vortechs said:
I went into a Home Depot store today with the page of the local paper that has the Fry's advertisement for the $19.99 4D LED MagLite and asked about the price match. The employee at the counter said they will meet and beat by 10%, so I got a 4D MagLED for $17.99 plus tax :huh: The employee was friendly and it was very easy to do (she just yelled for a manager to come approve it). Based on BigusLightus' report about some other Home Depot's, I think I should respond to the survey on the receipt to let them know how well they are doing :thumbsup: .

Damn I wish I had thought of that. LOL

:goodjob:

vortechs said:
Have you tried printing the advertisement and taking it to Home Depot to see if they will price-match it?

Ok, this is what you do. When you buy memory and such item that is stored in the back room, you go to the components desk. The sales clerk will then produce a print out for you to take to the counter.

Take the Maglite to that desk and ask to have a quotation printed out and they will ask for your name. You will now have an itemized, personalized quote with your name and store's name in writing.

popnfresh

Newly Enlightened
The home depot here has no problem price matching it as long as you have the ad or some sort of proof in hand

just be polite about it and i dont think there will be any issues with price matching

Norm

Retired Administrator
Is there anyone prepared to pick one of these up for me and post to Australia? All expenses covered? The same thing here would be very expensive.
Norm

mcmc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi guys,

If I want to cannibalize the LED, are the Mag LED modules usable in other configs too? 2D, 2C, etc. - i.e. do they have buck/boost, or are they voltage matched for the specific config?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Norm:

Sure. I'll pick up another for you today. Do you want 4D cells as well?

mcmc:

Nope - doesn't work. I tried powering a 4-cell module with a CR123A, and it was extremely dim - barely glowing, in fact.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
Off topic..

In today's paper Walgreens offered a four pack of AA lithiums for $7.99

Hm, that's no deal at all and what I see them usually for anyway.... On ebay for example you can get them in bulk (32-40 pieces) for around $1.50 each -- and you don't have to drive 17 miles anywhere.

Norm

Retired Administrator
Many thanks to vortechs and TigerhawkT3 for responding to my light request. :thanks:
I always new there were a lot of friendly people on CPF. You have both made my day. :)

vortechs

Enlightened
Hi Changchung,

It looks like TigerhawkT3 and I both got some extras, so one of us can probably help you out.

(I tried to send you a PM, but your box was full)

Last edited:
etc said:
I already gave you the link, E-B-A-Y dot COM
Now c'mon, why ask others to do something you are perfectly capable of doing yourself

?
http://cgi.ebay.com/40-AA-E2-ENERGIZER-LITHIUM-BATTERIES-EXP-2020L91_W0QQitemZ230037356789QQihZ013QQcategoryZ43445QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

40 cells sold for $51 plus 7.50 shipping, which works out to $1.46 each.

I asked you to provide a source, because I was under the impression you meant something you could readily purchase. You provided a last sale price from an OPEN AUCTION and the price is completely bidder dependent, so really there's no saying if you will ever find that deal again.

Last edited:

Changchung

Flashlight Enthusiast
vortechs said:
Hi Changchung,

It looks like TigerhawkT3 and I both got some extras, so one of us can probably help you out.

(I tried to send you a PM, but your box was full)

Hi, i send you a mail already, i clean my PM box already too, but i think is better if you email me... Thanks

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got some and it's currently on your favorite online auction. For the auction ID of the current one, check out "Other Auction notices"
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138436

I am also considering upgrading at least some of them if not all, with the glass lenses from 4Sevens.....

mag1_small.jpg

Last edited: