Fenix P1's --smokes!!!

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got to hand it to 4sevens....I just received my two P1's I ordered from him and both lights work beautifully with slight variation in tint. Fellows, these things are as bright as my Peak CPF special (rainier). You wont be dissapointed.

Andrew.C

Newly Enlightened
The P1 that 4sevens engraved for me has become my new favorite. Actually it is my girlfriend's new favorite! (she had been asking for a "good" flashlight for a while and a P1 seemed to fit her needs for size and simplicity) I agree that it is as bright as my Peak CPF Special and it is not much larger than my Jil Intelli (keychain EDC). For those who have not seen the laser engraving samples on 4sevens site, his work is top quality :goodjob: .

cheapo

Flashlight Enthusiast
bright as a cpf special raineer?? did they change something or is the difference in output (according to flr) not noticable?

-David

daveman

Enlightened
LED61 said:
I've got to hand it to 4sevens....I just received my two P1's I ordered from him and both lights work beautifully with slight variation in tint. Fellows, these things are as bright as my Peak CPF special (rainier). You wont be dissapointed.
I'm glad to know that the recent P1s are very bright, but I would need to see some numbers before I'd say they're as brights as the rainiers. Rainiers on RCRs put out something close to 75 lumens, I think?

UnknownVT

Flashlight Enthusiast
daveman said:
I'm glad to know that the recent P1s are very bright, but I would need to see some numbers before I'd say they're as brights as the rainiers. Rainiers on RCRs put out something close to 75 lumens, I think?

If it's of any help I have side-by-side beamshots of the Fenix P1 against other 3watt lights using rechargeable 3.7V Li-Ion RCR123 -

Fenix P1 - "pocket rocket"

Last edited:

ScottyJ

Enlightened
Hey all, an HDS guy here...just got a Fenix P1 and I absolutely love it. I can't believe how small it is, it makes the HDS almost seem big and bulky. When I recieved the P1 in the mail, I opened and I first thought they sent me the wrong one, I thought it was the AAA model or something.

Anyway, I have carried the HDS for a long time now but for now the fenix comes along. I wish I would have paid more attention to the fenix lovers on this site a long time ago.

Awesome little light, thanx for the help in discovering it.:)
If they ever make a two or three stage P1 one.......wow.

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, they do not. The Peak special is the best of my 4 Lux III's (best color). I think Peak carefully chooses their LED's specially on the CPF special. But brightness in nowhere near 75 lumens even on RCR's. It is slightly less than my Kroma on high and the Kroma is not above 60 lumens, plus, the Kroma has more wide beam whereas the Peak is slightly more throw. But the P1 is brighter than the peak CPF special on primaries, and is pretty even with the Peak on RCR's. The Peak on primaries is absolutely a flop.

daveman said:

h_nu

Enlightened
LED61 said:
But the P1 is brighter than the peak CPF special on primaries, and is pretty even with the Peak on RCR's. The Peak on primaries is absolutely a flop.

Precisely. I got a P1 because I wanted the ability to use primaries if the RCR's were discharged. I like all my Peak's but expected better for the Ranier on primaries. The P1 body does seem less heavy duty though.

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm looking into picking one of these up. Could someone quickly tell me how big this is compared to a FFIII and also if it's in direct drive when using RCR123's (or does it have some sort of buck circuit)? Anybody know what kind of bin Luxeons these uses? Thanks! :)

Anybody know how many ma are going into the Lux while using primaries?

alberto

Enlightened
Love my P1. Here's a couple of pics of how I carry it with a spare battery. I believe the holster is the one that came with my L1P.

P1_2.jpg

P1_1.jpg

Last edited:

Jeweler

Newly Enlightened
I know the P1 is bright but I have a hard time believing it's brighter them the Rainer on RCR's, maybe after a little while but not the first 10 minutes. I may have to buy a P1 just to see for my self. :0)

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
My Inova T3 is brighter than my P1 (newer version), do you guys think I got a substandard one? I think the T3 puts out about 40+ lumens(?).

LED61

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jeweler said:
I know the P1 is bright but I have a hard time believing it's brighter them the Rainer on RCR's, maybe after a little while but not the first 10 minutes. I may have to buy a P1 just to see for my self. :0)

Oh by all means treat yourself to one to be convinced!!

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
P1 lover here. Small, light and bright. I have others but this is such good value for money. If any one doesn't have one do yourself a treat.