• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Building an Aleph UV light engine?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
What is the best UV LED that can be mated with an Aleph LE kit? The main use will be for UV adhesive curing.

Will this one from the Shoppe fit in the E-Screw and replace the emitter board?

Ms_SS

Enlightened
Yes, the Cree on board replaces the emitter board in the Aleph LE kit which can be made into an Aleph UV light engine.

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best UV LED will depend on the wavelength required by the adhesive to cure. The Cree part is just into the UV at 395 nm or so.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
wasBlinded said:
The best UV LED will depend on the wavelength required by the adhesive to cure. The Cree part is just into the UV at 395 nm or so.

Thanks, I just found that out, now I'm reserching Nichia LEDs. I need something I can mount in a Aleph LE that is in the 350-380nm range.

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don,

Can you tell me where to find one of these UV Nichia I-LEDs?
Nichia America does not offer these on the online ordering site.
I want to build one like the one you did some time ago.

A-19-assembly.jpg

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are uber expensive. Like $200 something IIRC for a single led, cheaper if you order 5 but still $$$.

goldserve

Flashlight Enthusiast
:grin2: :grin2: :grin2: I have one of those leds mounted on a es-screw with my new proto board for 150ma, 550ma, 700ma. At 365nm, it will cure the Norland 61 epoxy in minutes. Look at my thread for free epoxy curing service. You can come by and look at how nice the light is =D :grin2: :grin2:

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
IsaacHayes said:
Those are uber expensive. Like $200 something IIRC for a single led, cheaper if you order 5 but still $$$.

I can deal with the price, but where do I find them?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
goldserve said:
:grin2: :grin2: :grin2: I have one of those leds mounted on a es-screw with my new proto board for 150ma, 550ma, 700ma. At 365nm, it will cure the Norland 61 epoxy in minutes. Look at my thread for free epoxy curing service. You can come by and look at how nice the light is =D :grin2: :grin2:

I would love to see it, but your just a little too far away for me, about 400 miles too far :awman:

Latest posts