Is it possible to use one of the Nite Ize bulbs in a Dorcy lantern

Cyblade

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Dorcy 4D cell lantern at a yard sale for a buck and I like how much light it throws and the fact that you can adjust it to light up a room but battery life isnt the best. I was wondering if I bought one of those Nite Ize D and C led upgrades if it would work in my lantern. The bulb looks the same as a standard maglight bulb but I'd dont want to buy it and then have to dig my maglight out of storage cause it'll only work in that.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
As long as the center contact on your Dorcy is positive, it should work fine.
You can expect a big increase in runtime, but not the nearly output of the incan lamp.

Mark

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, it will work. I have the same thing except mine is an Ozark Trail.

linerlock

Newly Enlightened
I currently have one of the Nite Ize LED PR2 drop-ins in the Dorcy 4xAA lantern. This is basically a scaled down version of the 4xD lantern that you are referring to. It works quite well as a low output, long runtime emergency light. I don't know if there are any internal differences between the two models but as Flash_Gordon points out, just make sure that the center contact on your lantern is positive. I've personally burnt out one of the Nite Ize bulbs in another lantern when I installed it without checking polarity first.