For Our Smokers Here-"A WARNING"-And NO, It's NOT From A Liberal Democrat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a smoker and PLEASE, let's not hear about all the horrors of smoking from all you that don't smoke because I know all about it! You have dads and moms and uncles and aunts that have died from cigarettes just like when they rode motorcycles! WE ALL DIE AT SOMETIME in our lives and I know you're scared but PLEASE stay out of my thread! Thank you.

I wanted to warn all you wonderful smokers here on CPF and especially from the communistic state of Kalifornia, that state governments are coming after you if you buy cigarettes online!

Cigarette prices have skyrocketed the last few years thanks to all you liberals because every election, liberals tack on state and federal taxes to our cigarettes. They say they're doing it "for the children" but like all liberals, they're doing it to support they're liberal crap like defending illegal aliens.

Anyway, as a smoker, I tried to find cheaper cigarettes online as here in liberal Kalifornia and they charge a fortune! I found a site that sold cartons for a reasonable price and bought some cartons over the last year.

Low and behold, I just received a tax bill from the wonderful communistic state of Kalifornia for $10.75 for every carton of cigarettes I had purchased online! I now owe liberal Kalifornia, $205.00 for cartons of cigarettes I purchased online. Gee, why don't we all vote democrat this election? All our movie stars here in this suck state will be pleased!

I wanted to warn you all about this. I found another site that is a sovereign Indian Nation and they tell me that they DO NOT have to report any sales or information to our liberal states or liberal federal government.

Do any of you wonderful smokers here know that to be true? Before I order, they assured me they were a sovereign Indian Nation and did not have to abide by our wonderful liberal nation here. I only PRAY it's TRUE!!!

mudman cj

Flashlight Enthusiast
Where corn and pigs are grown unimpeded by trees
Re: For Our Smokers Here-"A WARNING"-And NO, It's NOT From A Liberal Democrat!

I know a guy that ordered a carton from perhaps the same nation. That was about 2 years ago, but I remember him being ecstatic about the low price and lack of tax. He didn't even smoke, but couldn't pass up a 'bargain'. He ended up making friends by passing them out for free when he passed co-workers that were smoking.

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope the government immediately institutes a 100 dollar a pack tax on cigarettes. Maybe then you self absorbed, air polluting crybabies will get the hint...stop stinking up our air with your filthy habit. :sick2:

Last edited:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes, cigarette smoke is nasty. Unlike the chemicals used to print pics taken by Nikon cameras, which are beneficial to the environment. And what about the process used to turn fossil fuel into plastic camera bodies - is that a sweet smell?

Its always fun to tax the other guy into oblivion, isn't it?

[Just had to jump into this thread before it gets closed. :)]

peace

Nitroz

Flashlight Enthusiast

:poke:

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

PLEASE, moderaters, monitor this thread accordingly! I knew this would stir up controversy but I have the right to express my opinions here!

nikon,
Man, great post that didn't include any bias. How about stop buying Nikon cameras because, (as you know), they are not made in America anymore. Thanks for your opinion, but people of your ilk, please stay OUT of my thread! Thank you.

mudman cj,
Great story! I just want to know if the Indian Nations ARE exempt from federal taxes and I hope they are! We are a FREE country and I hope we will always continue to be!

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

PLEASE moderaters, this "THE CAFE" and don't close this thread. I asked a legitimate question politely and would like "legitimate" answers, thank you.

jtr1962

Flashaholic

Technically I believe you're still required to pay the tax even if the Indian Nation isn't required to collect it. The only exception is if you're live within said Indian Nation. Of course, you're strictly on the honor system here. :grin2:

Now I happen to live in one of those "blue" states and no, I don't usually vote D and I don't agree with many of their policies. In theory, the purpose of the cigarette tax is to help make smokers pay for the heavy Medicaid costs many of them will later incur when their habit makes them sick. In practice of course the taxes get put into the till and used for all sorts of usual income redistribution programs. Still, I feel the taxes have some value in that they make cigarettes less affordable. While a smoker may not give it up, the taxes hopefully make them smoke less.

I don't care that you smoke. Just don't expose me to second hand smoke or saddle me with your medical costs. Just as you have a fundamental right to smoke, or for that matter to hire prostitutes, take hard drugs, etc. even if such things aren't currently legal, I have a right to breathe clean air and to not pay for someone else's preventable medical costs. And you'll be happy to know I would never support a ban on cigarettes because of the slippery slope it would put us on. First off, it would fail as spectacularly as prohibition. Second, what would we ban next, junk foods? As adults we should be free to engage in (and accept the consequences of) self-destructive behavoir.

Pumaman

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene said:
I have the right to express my opinions here!

nikon,
Thanks for your opinion, but people of your ilk, please stay OUT of my thread!

nikon does not?

will

Flashlight Enthusiast

I smoked for lots and lots of years, I quit 4 years ago partly because of the cost and I wanted to stop. I used the patch and was successful with that method. I started to date a lady who is a smoker, no desire to quit. ( and no - it doesn't bother me )

We would make a trip every couple of months to the Indian Reservation here on Long Island ( yeah- there are Indians here ) to purchase cartons of cigarettes. They also mail order.

Having been a smoker and now one who has stopped, I understand both sides of the issue. Folks who never smoked do not understand how difficult it is to stop. Here in New York there are few places you can still smoke in.

Different states have different laws about the tax on Cigarettes,

your state must have gone after the people selling..

Last edited:

nikon

Flashlight Enthusiast

Gene said:
PLEASE moderaters, this "THE CAFE" and don't close this thread. I asked a legitimate question politely and would like "legitimate" answers, thank you.
Gene.....I answered in the manner I did because I thought it was in keeping with the attitude with which you started this thread. It was anything but polite.

OK, here's a polite request...Please back up your statements that "the liberals" are the cause of cigarettes being taxed. Genuine facts and figures, please, liberals vs. conservatives vs. centrists. Thanks very much in advance for your explanation.

cd-card-biz

Enlightened

I have visited several "trading posts" (stores) on Indian land in Nevada. These soverign nations seem to be regulated at the federal level, and thus no state taxes on cigs, gasoline. And, they can sell fireworks which are not "legal" in the state itself, but are legal at the federal level.

A quick Google search seems to indicate that the state is teaming up with the payment processors (credit card companies, etc.) to report online cig sales and nab you for the tax.

As a native Californian, I share your frustration. This place has changed and I feel at times like I'm being taxed into poverty.

I don't smoke, but it's OK with me if you do.

Bill

Gene

Flashlight Enthusiast

Can we please stay on subject?

I too pay taxes so do not throw that in my face. I also do not smoke anywhere near non smokers and abide by all laws. If I pay as as many taxes as you liberals and abide by your liberal laws, am I not guaranteed rights as you? I guess not.

Wow, saddle you with my medical costs? I served in the Marine Corps in the Viet Nam war. I cannot get dental and some medical help yet you liberals pay for ALL medical and dental care for illegal aliens. I appreciate your concern for protection from my smoking but not for all the taxes we pay for other concerns.

I know, I strayed from my subject and I apologize but I can't believe all the crap I'm reading here!

You hate smoking! I appreciate that. PLEASE just answer my original question, PLEASE?

Radio

Modulated Moderator

cd-card-biz said:
A quick Google search seems to indicate that the state is teaming up with the payment processors (credit card companies, etc.) to report online cig sales and nab you for the tax.

Seems as though cd-card-biz did!

twentysixtwo

Enlightened

Gene said:
nikon,
Man, great post that didn't include any bias. How about stop buying Nikon cameras because, (as you know), they are not made in America anymore. Thanks for your opinion, but people of your ilk, please stay OUT of my thread! Thank you.

Perhaps a warning in the title "No Liberals thread," "Liberarians only" or "Fans of reason and moderation need not apply?"

When, exactly, were Nikon cameras made in the US?

Unforgiven

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yes Gene this is the Cafe'

You may take this to CPFU and countinue if you wish.

Thread closed.

Unforgiven

Status
Not open for further replies.