Self Portraits of CPF Members (Be CREATIVE!)

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
It has been suggested that a new topic be created specifically for CPF members' portraits. This is that topic.

Be creative. Surround yourself with your collection of flashlights or other favourite objects. Turn them all on if possible (or if you have enough batteries or can afford to burn up that many of them for the ten or so minutes it might take to compose your shot). At least turn some of them on.

If you have the space in your home or apartment, be creative with your background. Sit on your desk (but not on the photocopier), put up a tent in the yard and have your picture taken there, hang flashlights on a chain above you, arrange them like the missiles laid out on the tarmac in front of a bomber, well you get the idea.

There are only three rules:

1: No nudity, offending poses, or offending objects in the photo.
Family members, spouse, girlfriend, boyfriend, best friend, roommate, pets OK as long as they understand your flashaholism.

2: There must be at least one working flashlight in the picture with you.

3: This is supposed to be fun. Don't make a chore out of it.

Since it may be awhile (hours at least) before I can set up for such a picture myself, please don't wait for me.

Doug

Enlightened
Well, this out to be interesting
wink.gif

Doug

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Ha! Let me be the first to post the photo on this thread.
dh96154.jpg

Since I don't have a digital camera, I scanned my face. First time, not enough light, so I took my handy Legend LX out of my pocket and lit my face with that. I didn't think to turn it to flood. :) Oh well, it is a cool looking pic. I called it my "evil" picture because it is hard to hold still and keep a smile while the scanner scans your face, so I didn't smile.

Spudgunr

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not for me, I'm very "British Reserve", old chap.
blush.gif

But hello there, Spud
smile.gif

What about seeing a photo of Kenbar. Check out -
Topic: How do you carry your "Arc" @ http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=001144
for this:

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenBar:
Keeping it around my neck .........
arc1.JPG
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not quite the man himself, but nearly there ......

I think that the manufacturers and dealers should definetly post photos though. So let's start with PK, Mr. Gransee, and Scott @tektite.
Also, Tim "The Prince" Flanagan, and TTS.
Chris M is a reviewer, so 'im too.

C'mon guys, the world is waiting ......

lightlover
wink.gif
grin.gif
blush.gif
shocked.gif

(I wonder what our Leader looks like ?)

D

**DONOTDELETE**

smile.gif
I'm heading to the nearest phone booth to change before I post my photo.

Clark
wink.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
[Picture removed temporarily]

Temporary portrait... about 25% of my Christmas display is up in this shot. Many of the retail shops around me have already started, so it is perfectly appropriate for me to do so.

I'm well on my way to another 1.4 megawatt-hour December.
frown.gif

That expensive hotel across the street always waits for me to start before they put up a single decoration. How's that for influence?

As you can see, I also have a couple of handfuls of flashlights, so this picture is perfectly legal here.
grin.gif