Firefly III vs. HDS 60?

jdempsey

Newly Enlightened
Where can I get any info on the output of the Firefly III.........I noticed that the Battery Station is now carrying the Firefly III. Anybody know how it compares to the Basic 60?

Thanks,
John

X Racer

Enlightened
jdempsey said:
Where can I get any info on the output of the Firefly III.........I noticed that the Battery Station is now carrying the Firefly III. Anybody know how it compares to the Basic 60?

Thanks,
John

Its for pre-order only, no different than ordering one here in the manufacturer area...

joema

Flashlight Enthusiast
jdempsey said:
...output of the Firefly III.........I noticed that the Battery Station is now carrying the Firefly III. Anybody know how it compares to the Basic 60?...
I wouldn't make a decision based on output. The difference between 60 and 70 lumens is almost invisible to the eye.

I have both HDS U60 and FF3. The HDS is bigger, tail click (vs twisty), easier to operate, slightly tighter beam, better regulation. The FF3's big advantage is being physically smaller yet having roughly the same capability.

Overall I like the HDS better, but generally take the FF3 because of its small size. Note the HDS Basic lights can be reprogrammed like the Ultimate series, albeit with a cumbersome procedure: http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=124038

jdempsey

Newly Enlightened
I agree Joema. To me good/excellent regulation is important......size is also a major factor if you're carrying it in your pocket.......on a belt it's not as critical.

Thanks for the comments.

John

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
biggest advantage for the HDS?: Primary lithium ability
biggest advantage for FF3? SIZE