U60GT vs G&P 3W led

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Guys,

I've been wanting to get the G&P 3w drop in for my Surefire G2.

Does anyone know how the beam compares to the U60GT ??
Does the 3W throw more ?? Tighter hotspot?
Any beamshots would be GREAT:grin2:

Also, does the G&P 3W accept 2 rcr123s? Or will that burn it out.

Thanks Guys!!

Ray/Kid9P

arty

Enlightened
I just put a G&P 3w into my 6P. The spot is larger than that of my Tasklight 2L (but it doesn't throw as far), and it is similar in size and pattern to the Fenix L2T.

The spill is brighter than on the Fenix, and it throws better. I lit up the fence across my backyard from the sidewalk in front of my house - the distance was about 90-100 feet.

It won't put out as much light as the stock incandescent P60, but should last longer. I like the light output and beam pattern.

It is NOT a tight spot beam like the Surefire L1, KL1, or KL3. I like it much better - I have to use a diffuser/beamshaper on the L1.

I can't tell you about the other light.

Brizzler

Newly Enlightened
Check flashlightreviews.com. There are reviews for both the 3W drop-in and a HDS U60 there allowing you to compare throw measurements.

My understanding is that the drop-in works fine on 2 RCR123, but will also work on a single one or a 17670.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I run my 3W drop-in on 2x RCR123 (for over a year now) and it out throws my U60xrgt. The U60xrgt puts out more light and has better tint, but the drop-in wins for having the tighter spot (larger reflector helps).

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Leukos,

I'm now sold on the G&P 3W :)

Ray/Kid9P