Are You Up To The Challenge?!?!

Doug

Enlightened
Have you ever visited, or benefited from Stingmon (Craig's) web site, The LED Museum / Punishment Zone? See all those pictures he has? Would you like to see better quality pictures? I challenge YOU ALL! Send him *AT LEAST* $1 (contact him on how to send him the money, because he probably has a basic pay pal account, so he might only be able to receive (if I remember correctly) $100 a month through it.)

Also, may I suggest that you do not even mention (publicly) that you have sent money, and how much. Why? Others might feel bad that they could only afford $1 if you say you sent $10 ... understand? Also, this is not a "look how wonderful I am" contest, this is to help someone that has been so helpful to us ... and this contribution will DIRECTLY benefit YOU in the future, as all those new photo's start being taken with the
new camera he needs to buy.

Thanks for listening guys, and thank you Craig for all your efforts
smile.gif
!!

Doug

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
Have you ever visited, or benefited from Stingmon (Craig's) web site, The LED Museum / Punishment Zone? See all those pictures he has? Would you like to see better quality pictures? I challenge YOU ALL! Send him *AT LEAST* $1 (contact him on how to send him the money, because he probably has a basic pay pal account, so he might only be able to receive (if I remember correctly) $100 a month through it.)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a Premier account, which I opened a couple of years ago before credit cards became a requirement. So I was grandfathered in and got to keep it.
I don't think there's a monthly limit,

Doug

Enlightened
Grandfathered??? Do they charge you the percentage to receive money? Yes, that is correct, with the premium account, there is no limit (which is why I had to sign up for the premium account (ebay sales, ya know)!).

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
I have a Premier account, which I opened a couple of years ago before credit cards became a requirement. So I was grandfathered in and got to keep it.
I don't think there's a monthly limit,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Doug:
Grandfathered??? Do they charge you the percentage to receive money? Yes, that is correct, with the premium account, there is no limit (which is why I had to sign up for the premium account (ebay sales, ya know)!).
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Grandfathered, because if I went to sign up for a Premier account now (anytime from October of this year to the present), I wouldn't be able to get one cause I don't have any credit cards. I could still get a free Personal account without having to own a card, but the $100 per month limit on funds received is just too small.

I still get charged the same as any other Premier accountholder: 2.9% plus 30 cents per transaction. And there's no set limit as to how much I can receive.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you ever visited, or benefited from Stingmon (Craig's) web site, The LED Museum / Punishment Zone? ..........

Also, may I suggest that you do not even mention (publicly) that you have sent money, and how much. Why? Others might feel bad that they could only afford $1 if you say you sent $10 ...

Also, this is not a "look how wonderful I am" contest, ..........

...... and thank you Craig for all your efforts
smile.gif
!!

Doug
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

1. Never heard of that site, let alone been there.
shocked.gif

2. OK, I won't let anyone know I donated something between $1 and $10,000.
wink.gif

3. I already think I'm wonderful, thank you ......
mad.gif

4. Who's this "Stingmon/Craig" chappie ?
confused.gif

lightlover
smile.gif
smile.gif

Doug

Enlightened
Baha
wink.gif

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous:
1. Never heard of that site, let alone been there.
shocked.gif

2. OK, I won't let anyone know I donated something between $1 and $10,000.
wink.gif

3. I already think I'm wonderful, thank you ......
mad.gif

4. Who's this "Stingmon/Craig" chappie ?
confused.gif

lightlover
smile.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darell

Flashaholic
So out of our generous $1, Craig only gets to keep 67c. Not a great deal for anybody!

Ya know... the $100 limit is only for credit card money. With the personal account, you can accept unlimited funds that are sent from bank accounts or PayPal cash. I solved my problems by setting up an upgraded account for me (for when I need to accept large credit card funds) and a personal account for my wife (so I can accept cash and smaller credit funds for free). The nickels and dimes will kill you otherwise.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
So out of our generous $1, Craig only gets to keep 67c. Not a great deal for anybody!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's true only if the amount sent was $1.
Out of $10, I'd get $9.41.
And out of $100, I'd get $96.80.

Doug

Enlightened
Of course, people could just send a check or maybe even a PO money order ... whatever...

Doug

Ps. Craig, you really think someone is going to send you $100
smile.gif
?

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
That's true only if the amount sent was $1.
Out of $10, I'd get $9.41.
And out of $100, I'd get $96.80.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Darell

Flashaholic
You know something is wrong when it is the same price to put a stamp on an envelope as it is to receive cash electronically. PayPal was fantastic when it started, then they slowly began shooting themselves in the foot with small extra charges everywhere you turned. I still use them (quite a lot) but what they've done really bugs me. Their original pledge was that they were making their money on the float... but they've changed that tune drastically. Now they WANT you to start earning interest on your ballance. I guess they make even more money through the referral bonus of getting you to set up an account with their bank.

But I digress....

I could think of far less worthy causes for $100 than for Craig's camera!

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great idea but I don't/won't use paypal. Off topic, Doug, what's your ebay name/listing?

Doug

Enlightened
My E-bay user ID is "[email protected]". Why ya ask
smile.gif
?

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
Great idea but I don't/won't use paypal. Off topic, Doug, what's your ebay name/listing?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, as mentioned in another Topic, Telephony has now bought a new digital camera.

This appeal for funds only raised contributions from 3 members, a total of "$138 and change". The camera cost more than that ......

I myself only donated a pifflingly small amount to that total, and I present my compliments to the other two members, whose generosity is noteworthy.

Telephony had to dig deep into his small reserves, giving up a rare "holiday" to get the additional money for this camera.
Since we will all benefit from that, I thought I would revive this Topic.

It's a way of showing some community spirit towards one of our most necessary and helpful members.

lightlover
smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:

This appeal for funds only raised contributions from 3 members, a total of "$138 and change". The camera cost more than that ......
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It was actually 4 members, not 3. I failed to account for one who sent his donation via snail mail without leaving an e-mail. The amount was right though - almost $139. Sorry about the slight misinformation.
shocked.gif
oops
smile.gif

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello, is you snail mail address on your site. I at onetime had your address, I sent the variety pack of 123's sometime ago but I no longer have the address. I got something I want to send you next friday.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
JSB, old chap, on behalf of Telephony, PHD. (Provides Helpful Details) the land address is:

Craig Johnson,
THE LED MUSEUM
1531 1st Ave #305
Seattle WA. 98101-1557

Also, I've noticed that @ http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/saurus.htm

near the bottom of the page, (which is the sales point for Telephony's last few LED's), there is a convenient PayPal button.
If you are registered with PayPal, this completes most of their page for you, as appropriate,

QUOTE -
"You can pay with a credit card, e-check, or existing bank balance with this PayPal button..."

lightlover
smile.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
*something ridiculous? Thanks for bringing this topic back. When I read telephony's thread about the exploding camera and the camera fund I was lost and felt we should all help out because he takes these pictures for our benefit.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
JSB, old chap, on behalf of Telephony, PHD. (Provides Helpful Details) the land address is
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like you beat me to it this time.
grin.gif

I didn't really get a chance to put in any web time yesterday, as I was out of town for most of the day. Almost broke, but out of town nonetheless. I can't let a "small shortage" stop me from going to the only insulator show I'll be able to attend this year and at least grabbing some pictures.
smile.gif

I can say that I did not return home empty handed though. I just had to choose from the "super economy class" tables.
wink.gif

I spent the rest of the evening taking pictures of them, and much of today identifying & catalogueing them for my insulator web page.

Now I've got to go through my overflowing mailbox and see who I can help this evening.

Graham

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. Well, I was going to donate too, but got stuck with the stupid &%$#$' Paypal authorisation process. They don't like my Aussie credit card, I guess. But as they say, good intentions only go so far..

I could send some Yen, though
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I've got some interesting odds and ends that I picked up at Akihabara, the big electronics district here in Tokyo, and thought I might send some to Craig so he can do his worst to them...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Hmm. Well, I was going to donate too, but got stuck with the stupid &%$#$' Paypal authorisation process. They don't like my Aussie credit card, I guess. But as they say, good intentions only go so far...

I could send some Yen, though
rolleyes.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I wonder what would happen if I took some Yen, put them in a deposit envelope with a deposit ticket and then fed it to the ATM. I guess the worst that could happen is I'd get a phone call from the bank the next day telling me to come down and pick up the funny money. :-O ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Graham:
Anyway, I've got some interesting odds and ends that I picked up at Akihabara, the big electronics district here in Tokyo, and thought I might send some to Craig so he can do his worst to them...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's cool!
If you're up to it, just surprise me. You know, the good old fashioned "mystery box" with the big question marks on the sides like you used to see in the backs of comic books.
smile.gif