Becoming a dealer, who do you buy stuff from?

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've often thought about selling lights/knives/gadgets as a side "hustle" but what I would like to know is who would be a good wholesaler/dealer to purchase Surefire lights from? Benchmade knives? Spec Ops gear? I'm not looking to do internet sales. I'm looking to sell via B&M - sort of... don't have an actual shop but I'm thinking of getting a small shed style building and converting that into a mini-shop. I also would like to sell stuff via bulletin boards at work, etc. and word of mouth. I know that Surefire in particular may frown upon simply buying in bulk from another dealer and re-selling but how else would I get my inventory at a decent price? I'm very interested in any suggestions you may have.

And I apologize in advance if this isn't the right forum....

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
You really don't have that many choices. You buy from the manufacturer, who probably has minimums and may have other conditions, or you can try their existing dealers, who shouldn't be able to give you as good a price, but might have smaller minimums, or you scrounge them up one or two at a time, clean them and resell them. What else is there?