fenix newbie stuff

aljsk8

Enlightened
Hi all

ive made 1 post in the past beut im essensially new (and rubbish at spelling)

ill try and keep it simple....

i needed a flood light for skateboarding at night and after a bit of resherch i made a twin mr16 (100w) flood on a camera tripod powered by 12a sla batt and that works great...

now ive caught the light bug and im starting to gt all weird about torches - my wife doesnt approve

anyway.... the only experience ive ever had is with .... you guessed it a minimag2AA

i want one of these newfangled luxeon things and im pretty much settled on a fenix or one of the clones (jet**** or lite**** - cant remember the names)

so i have a few questions - first just forget sizes of batterys and shapes and work with me here

if i got a regulated 1aa lux III light like the L1T and i could put 2 cells in there (2.4 - 3v) would it get brighter? or does the regulation stop that - basicly would it turn into a L2T for output?

if i got a none regulated light would the same happen? is there a certain voltage that these lights would not get brighter? and what is it

now basicly the same questions for the lux I - can this be made as bright as a III by incresing the voltage?

thats all for now - i apologise in advance for rubbish english and poor electrical knowledge - im from the UK

oh and im saving the mag for the tl3 hotwire!

untill 2 weeks ago i knew nothing but i have read a huge amount in the last few weeks from here and from flashlight reviews and its all been helpful

Alex

carrot

Flashaholic
The Fenix L1T and L2T are exactly the same except that the L2T has a body tube for two cells as opposed to one. The heads are interchangeable with no odd or ill effects. If you go past 4v on the L1T/L2T you will likely burn out the circuit.

Have you looked at Lite Flux? It is the same concept, but it comes with two bodies in a kit. One for 1AA, one for 2AA. I believe this is the Lite **** you couldn't remember the name of.

lf1v29ay.jpg

lf1contentsnr6.jpg

See the thread:
https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/1528985&postcount=1

Review:
http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/liteflux_lf1.htm

According to LED_Cool, who markets this on CPF, you can also use one AA sized Li-ion and get an output equivalent to 2AA configuration.

Last edited:

cloud

Newly Enlightened
if i got a regulated 1aa lux III light like the L1T and i could put 2 cells in there (2.4 - 3v) would it get brighter? or does the regulation stop that - basicly would it turn into a L2T for output? ... Quote)

suggest you take a look at the fenix L2T with optional 1 cell body.. long
flat runtimes ( constant current circuit design) good bright useful torch IMHO

cloud

Newly Enlightened
montroll.. I wouldnt be surprised if fenix came out with a headlamp someday soon... the rate fenix are coming out with new products we may see this shortly.. this would be something i'd be interested in for work...

moontroll

Newly Enlightened
Well I come around every once and awhile to see the new stuff,and I just ordered an L1T.This is what I heard about it so far.You can put a 4v li-on(lithium rechargable) in it and get 75 lumens out of it,Thats twice what My L1P does.Man thats bright for such a small light.You probably cant do that(put 2 4v Li-ons in it ) with the L2T,to much voltage and surely would do some damage,or maybe you can I dont know.doing it with the L1T voids the warrinty and may have some adverse effects,But what the **** someone got to try it.I use 2400 mha titaniums rechargeables in everything and am very happy with fenix's products.I love it when the mini mag guys pull out ther yellowing lights and cant see,I pull out my fenix and blow there minds,imagine a 75 lumen fenix.....Whats next.

Last edited:

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome

I recomend the L1T or L2T but are you planning on wearing a headstrap to carry these whilst skating? You may want to look at a headlamp type for ease of use. Unless you want to then use this light for other purposes.

4sevens

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to cpf!

aljsk8 said:
if i got a regulated 1aa lux III light like the L1T and i could put 2 cells in there (2.4 - 3v) would it get brighter? or does the regulation stop that - basicly would it turn into a L2T for output?

The L2T and the L1T are actually the same head. You can pick up an L2T
with a spare L1T in my store here: L2T with L1T body

:p

aljsk8

Enlightened
hi - thanks for all the replies - just to confirm - the initial light was for skateboarding this new purchace is just because im hooked on lights...

well ive spent 4 hours today looking at flashlights and theres all kinds of problems now.... basicly there is to many that are too similar!

now we have ultrafire
also ones with different battery options like some of these luxogens
and all super cheep - look to good to be true

now im thinking.... which will be better the luxogen cr123 model (**5)
or the civicator thing

and now my head hurts from looking at beamshots and charts and graphs

all i want is a torch

Alex

charleykay

Newly Enlightened
Can the L2T with a spare L1T body be used to make a 3AA torch similar to the Maglite LED 3AA and run it on AA NmHi cells?

Last edited:

Latest posts