Budding Flashaholic Story

rscanady

Enlightened
I have to share this as it really touched me. I have a 2 year old son that loves to play with my flashlights.

Yesterday we went to Rolloff Farms (Little People Big World) to get our Pumpkins and go play in the treehouse and the western town. In the Wester town area they built underneath all the buildings are tunnels (no lights at all) that the kids love to play in and run through.

This is the first year that my son has been there and able to walk and run. He had a lot of fun in the treehouse and running around the town. As he turned the corner of one of the buildings he saw the entrance to the tunnels as the kids were going in and out, he was a little hesitant at first but started to wonder in. part of the way in it starting getting dark and I was following him. He stopped and I though that he was going to turn around and go back out, but he looked at me and said "daddy flashlight". It brought a tear to my eye. I broke out my CR2 ION and we went and played in the tunnels with him leading the way with the ION. I was so happy yesterday.

Just wanted to share.

Ryan

Pydpiper

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's cute now..
Just wait till he turns three and needs a different light for every situation, and his own collection.. :)
My son is now 4 (he was two when I started into these lights) and has his own collection on his bed stand, each with it's own purpose.
My advice, teach responsibility with the lights. My son, even at 3 would never look into a light, that is pretty important stuff when Dad has potentially harmful lights around.. Trust got him a long ways in his little collection. He EDC's a Photon on his neck, each night before bath time he takes it off, puts it on the sink until he is done, then back on again, second nature. At first it was cute, now it is a comfort.
When you are ready to get him his own there were some great responses to threads I started about a light for a little one..
Have fun, and enjoy!

Wolfen

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son is 1 1/2 and loves the lights. He plays with an AAA 5 led light that i let him keep in his toy box until he discovered how to take it apart. He is totally into taking things apart and trying to put them back together. I have high hopes for the boy!

I keep a Fenix L1P on top of the tv that has little bite marks in the finish. If he is playing with his AAA and the Fenix is turned on he goes nuts for the brighter Fenix.

frisco

Enlightened
Great Story!

Just wait for these:

- "Daddy...... New bike"
- "Daddy.......Cash"
- "Daddy.......Car Keys"
- "Daddy.......The Big Light"
- "Daddy.... Mommy wants new furniture"
- "Daddy....... Beer?"

frisco