Dark sooner now!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes...although I am interested in flashlights, I still love the long days of June... >sigh<

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even tho I admit to be a flashaholic, I don't look forward to complete darkness... An infinity ain't going to cut it throughout distance.... Incandescents aren't going to make it throughout 8 hours..... oh boy...

rodmeister

Enlightened
I know how you guys feel. I remember the 1950's when there was a lot more darkness, and everyone had chrome Ray-o-vac flashlights (what the heck does Ray-0-vac mean?) Now everything and everywhere is well-lit at night because of population growth and building regulations. In Los Angeles, the whole night sky glows from reflected city lights.

Even cars. In the fifties and sixties, cars usually had only two interior lights: a ceiling light and glovebox light. My new car has door courtesy lights, a sunshade vanity light, two reading lights, a center console map light, an ashtray light, foot lights, and interior hatch light, in addition to the ceiling light and glovebox light.

My walkway has a dozen solar cell charged, nicad battery powered LED walk lights. My front door has a motion-sensored light. My carport is lit by a motion-sensing pair of 600 watters, as are my side and back yards.

It's getting harder to pursue my light hobby.

Daniel Ramsey

Retired Account
Most people never think about those that live above the Arctic Circle which is only about 400 miles or so north of me, sun is below the horizon for several months in the winter, rumor is there is a secret winter ski resort up there....for vampires ONLY!

Slick

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
rumor is there is a secret winter ski resort up there....for vampires ONLY!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Uhh....Dan, that's SUPPOSED to be a secret
twak.gif

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Daniel Ramsey:
Most people never think about those that live above the Arctic Circle which is only about 400 miles or so north of me, sun is below the horizon for several months in the winter, rumor is there is a secret winter ski resort up there....for vampires ONLY!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Isn't it also light out continuously for a few months? We really should feel pity for any CPF members up there.
grin.gif

Stefan

Enlightened
>>..rumor is there is a secret winter ski resort up there...<<<
That statement is true. Anyone heard of Whistler, B.C.? Give it a try sometime. (I would but the wheelchair is stopping me)