SF L5 thoughts...

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
T4R06, go to Google Search (CPF only) at top of each CPF page, and type in Surefire L5, then hit "enter" on your keyboard, and behold! And, yes, The KL5 is an excellent light, I have one and would never trade it, or sell it. I run it in a Tranquellity Base 18650 body with one 18650 LiIon, and runtime, in regulation, is 2 hours with an LG 18650,

Bill

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also have an L5. Tough? Yep. M body and massive head. LuxV head (mine appears to be a W-bin with a warm tint). Lots and lots of usable spill with a nice amount of throw, one of the benefits of the larger and deeper head and reflector. I run a 17670 in mine and get somewhere over an hour in regulation- I never have run a battery test on it. I typically use an SW02 tailcap unless I'm EDCing it, then I have a LOTC twistie that I use.

T4R06

Enlightened
update!
what can i say to this light.. rocksolid, very bright + extra brightness because i was able to run on R123 3.6v wihout any problems. i just confirmed that KL5 can use on C3 and 9P body.

thanks telkin

and to "flash" steven, thanks man

Paladin

Enlightened
T4R06 said:
it seems this light is brutal :rock:

do you guys have lanyard comes in package?

Mine came without a lanyard. Still a great light, very nice throw and the side spill lights a huge area, especially down range. I ran mine with 3 cells for a while, but went back to the original 2 cell L5 body.

We were night hiking this weekend and had the L5 and Gladius along to compare, but ended up playing with the 12P(digilight 12VHP) more. The wife took a small spill down an embankment when Shadow (65# lab mix) made an unscheduled left turn for a "pit" stop...my 9P/KL-3 HA I'd loaned her picked up some "character marks" on the bezel and lens, but to her credit she DID hang onto the light clutched tightly in her hand while sliding on gravel. The next night I made her carry her own old beater Streamlight TL-2 LED on the neck lanyard she is accustomed to...

Paladin