Computers are evil (as are the internet and CPF)

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Now, I am not writing this from the perspective of the person wanting to throw them out their 10th story window....right now anyway. I am currently sitting here at 3:30, STILL avoiding a paper due tomorrow at 10:30. I have known about it since August. I started it today (I already had an outline done). Actually, I started it 4.5 hours ago. I have half a page more to do. What am I doing? Not that paper, that is what. I keep refreshing CPF every 3 minutes to check on new posts, I check out new survival/preparedness sites and equipment (that I can't afford like a LBV :( . In short, I have completely procrastinated on this paper for the last week because of computers, the internet and CPF. I am sure some you know what that is like. If I didn't have cool stuff to read on here all I'd do on the computer would be my papers. But Noooooo.....you all have me building my Landscape-Lighter (hey, it's the best name I can think up in 5 seconds at 3:30) and posting info on it and getting other ideas. In short, you all suck!

Spud

:)

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Jack out! Make the world alot smaller. That'll make you do your paper. I have to do it sometimes too or else my family falls apart
smile.gif
I know I would have never made it through college if the internet was around back then. I don't know how kids do it these days...

Regards,
Randy

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
They do it just like me, doing their stuff at the last minute. Next semester will probably change that as I will be taking a few real classes, and learning new stuff (physics, calc 2, chem 3, etc). Luckily I am taking 1 fun class, Wilderness Survival and Life Saving Techniques.

By Jack out I assume you mean log out and not be on here for a while? I can't, I am infected. All I have to do is BS another half page, go to sleep, then wake up in the morning and do my endnotes (can't get up, turn on a light, and search for my paper sources, roommate is long asleep, white light would likely wake him. I am currently navigating in stealth mode via red/orange HD LS off of 2 C cells :)

Spud

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
>>refreshing CPF every 3 minutes to check on new posts...

Ah yeah, know exactly what you mean! But don't blame your grade on us! Just remember how successful you end up will dictate what kind of flashlights or how many you'll be able to own!

And about that Landscape-Lighter, sign me up! Ya got any beamshots, runtimes, specs you could take even more time away from your "priorties" to show us?
grin.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Sigman, yeah, check out the mod forum for Spuds 4D mag mod or something like that. It has a beamshot comparison of that to the 3D bulb/4 NiMH combo. Runtime, about an hour on 1800 mAH NiMH's (I have 1600's in it, so about 50 or 55 minutes). And that's a good point....if I get a good job I can afford more expensive (read, impressive) mods, lights, and gear.

Spud

Oh, and every 3 minutes isn't as bad as normal, it is normally every minute or so. I'll read a new post, go back to main page, refresh, read next new post...ad infinitum

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
*Innocently* Homework, what homework? What's more, I am only about a third done with my calc homework....I could either do it after I finish this paper, or I could do it after history tomorrow. Not sure which it is I am gonna do. If it is the former, I will get little to no sleep, if it is the latter, that will take away prime meal and nap time. We'll see. I will stop working on this paper as soon as I have the right length (another half page). I only need a 65 on it anyway (as long as I get a 78+ on the last test) to get a B in the class. I pretty much can't hope for more than that.

Spud

Well, I guess I should probably turn off the music (even though it is the System of a Down that is keeping me awake right now (don't feel like getting up and making a french vanilla cappucinno)) and get to work. :(

Light-Headed

Enlightened
Spud....you sould exactly like the way I was back in college.
smile.gif
I'd stay up all night cramming for a test or finishing a paper, then go to my classes and finally go home afterwards and just crash. Those were the days.
smile.gif

Tater Rocket

Enlightened
Hah, not hardly. It is time to go to chem in 4 hours and 20 minutes. You know what? I'm not GOING to chem tomorrow. The professor isn't even teaching how to do the problems right now, so it is a waste of time. I either fall asleep in there or take a newspaper (we get free newspapers here, USA today and St. Louis Post Dispatch every weekday for free) and read that. Occasionally if I get bored and am awake I'll do homework (if I have a book with me).

Spud

You know what? This thread has a lot of posts in it. People are going to think it is an old thread because it'll have like 15 posts in it. People who checked the messages before they went to sleep won't have seen it between bedtime and wake time. Shame on you all keeping me from finishing my paper and doing my calc homework.

Light-Headed

Enlightened
I'm using the "I was posting in my sleep" excuse for this night fellas. Although, I don't think any excuse is going to get us out of the mess we created tonight in these different threads.