Inova or Streamlight?

LG&M

Enlightened
I am looking at getting a new 2 CR123 light. Help me pick Inova XO3 / T3 or streamlight Task light 2L3W. The Streamlight has a high & low output but the XO3 is cheaper at target. Any thoughts would be welcome. Thanks

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I have the Inova T3 and I had the Streamlight 2L3W lights.

T3 has better overall build than the 2L3W, and it would therefore probably handle drops and knocks better.

2L3W has slightly greater throw (on high output) than the T3.

T3 has slightly more runtime than the 2L3W (on high output).

2L3W has low output mode as well, which the T3 doesn't have.

Size and weight are similar between these two lights, although the 2L3W may be slightly longer.

With only one button, the 2L3W requires extra button presses to cycle through the output settings (high, low, then off).

Your preferences should help decide which light you want (or maybe buy both lights?).

Hope this helps!

LG&M

Enlightened
That does help thanks. I still dont know what I am going to do but it helps.

arty

Enlightened
The Streamlight has excellent throw and a useful spill for walking. I was surprised at the throw - it has really high output on axis. The spot is small, but the lux reading on axis was higher than the P60 lamp in my 6P.

The low setting is useful as well. For what it is worth, I can not see any flickering because of the PWM.

I don't care for cycling through the different brightness setttings with one button, but it does give you a lot for your money.

Amazon has the best price for the Streamlight...just get it from them, and not one of the off-site suppliers.

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with Arty on his description, plus the Streamlight is built very well and it will take RCR123 3.0v, 3.6v, and 17670 (with a slight modification making sure the positive end makes good contact with the terminal) batteries without any problems. The Hi/Low is very useful and the switch is not at all difficult to cycle through. Mine taks alot of abuse and keeps on working.
Amazon.com may be out of stock...Price is normally $54.00
arty said:
The Streamlight has excellent throw and a useful spill for walking. I was surprised at the throw - it has really high output on axis. The spot is small, but the lux reading on axis was higher than the P60 lamp in my 6P.

The low setting is useful as well. For what it is worth, I can not see any flickering because of the PWM.

I don't care for cycling through the different brightness setttings with one button, but it does give you a lot for your money.

Amazon has the best price for the Streamlight...just get it from them, and not one of the off-site suppliers.

Last edited:

arty

Enlightened
P.S. I like the Surefire twisty/momentary push switch as on the P6. - If the Innova really has the same one as on the X-5 - I don't like it on the X5. See the Flashlightreviews comments.

aceo07

Enlightened
I LOVE the construction of the Inova X0, T2, etc lights.

I don't have the SL Task Light, so I can't comment.