OK what's Next?

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys The 27Lt bezel program was quite successful. The part turned out well and you guys seem happy with it.
So my question to you all is this. What do you need made next?
I have a line on Titanium and my shop likes working in the stuff.
So what ever it is it will be made from Ti.
I am open to ideas. What ever I make next would need to have a market of 30 - 40 units. any less and the prices of machining become too much.
If you guys come up with a good idea or 2 I will deliver. I can get the stuff done pretty quick at the moment too.
Any way I am wide open lets see what the group comes up with.
BTW the idea of a ring bezel has come up. This was an interesting development since one of my prototypes made it into the wild accidentally. so is anybody really interested in a plain ti ring bezel?

Yaesumofo

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ti Lense...Wait that wont Work
thinking.gif

Ti Attack Bezel Ring? Something Really Aggressive!

Good Job on Your 27LT Bezel Rings they look awesome!

andrewwynn

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'm kinda tired of my mag mod's getting beat to hell from dropping (bezels/tailcaps).. my vote for a crenelated Ti bezel and/or tailcap.

-awr

RadarGreg

Enlightened
Titanium and Tritium. Two of the hottest components in lights today. I'd also love to see something that included a Luxeon V and a Cree UV in the same body. And did I mention Tritium?:grin2:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
This sounds interesting to me too
andrewwynn said:
i'm kinda tired of my mag mod's getting beat to hell from dropping (bezels/tailcaps).. my vote for a crenelated Ti bezel and/or tailcap.

-awr

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Guys the probelm with large bezel projects is the simple fact that Titanium is VERY EXPENSIVE. The raw materials for a bezel project like for a mag light (great idea) could cost a couple thousand easy. Basic Titanium is going for around $120.00 a pound. So a foot length of the suff (2 ") weighs over 6 pounds and retails for over $700.00 tHAT IS A LOT OF LOOT.

So I think that for the moment ti Mag bezels are out untill the cost of materials drops.
Untill then I am looking at the possibility of an Aleph 3 bezel along th same lines as the LT 27.

The idea that tritium slots should be milled in Is ok I suppose. It adds multiple (for each slot) milling operations.
My biggest problem that I am having is finding material at reasionable prices.
How do you guys feel about Stainless steel? It is extreemely durable, a little heavier than Titanium and a whole lot less expensive.
Yaesumofo

OldGreyGuy

Enlightened
yaesumofo said:
Untill then I am looking at the possibility of an Aleph 3 bezel along th same lines as the LT 27.

The idea that tritium slots should be milled in Is ok I suppose. It adds multiple (for each slot) milling operations.
My biggest problem that I am having is finding material at reasionable prices.
How do you guys feel about Stainless steel? It is extreemely durable, a little heavier than Titanium and a whole lot less expensive.
Yaesumofo
SS is fine, the ones PEU did with Tritium slots for the PD have turned out really well and the fact that they in SS rather than Ti doesn't detract from them at all. :grin2:

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bezel mounted flip up lens cap for HDS EDC lined with lycra or something for a snug scratch free fit. Just imagine Ultra Clear lenses that stay Ultra Clear Lenses.

Why?
1. Useful
2. Original
3. Challenging

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
xochi said:
Bezel mounted flip up lens cap for HDS EDC lined with lycra or something for a snug scratch free fit. Just imagine Ultra Clear lenses that stay Ultra Clear Lenses.

Why?
1. Useful
2. Original
3. Challenging

I like this idea, but I would rather have the cap with the F04 diffuser in it. :popcorn: