Dam I love my L2T!

Mike89

Enlightened
Never owned an LED flashlight before (or even seen one). For some reason I got focused on LEDs and started reading in this forum.

Ended up getting the Fenix L2T (and also the L1T). At first I was thinking I was spending a lot of money (one guy on this forum even tried to talk me out of it saying it was way overpriced, sure glad I didn't listen to him) but after getting it, I'm sure glad I did and it was money well spent. I'm reminded of "you get what you pay for" everytime I turn this thing on. When I go out at night with this light (like looking for my cats) I am always amazed at the light output that's coming out of this thing as I'm walking around and tripping I'm only holding a 2 AA cell flashlight.

I'm just as stoked with the L1T also. It's not too far behind considering it's only running on 1 AA cell. I have already pre-ordered the 123a body from aseven to run this little sucker at 3 volts. Can't wait to try it out.

Anyway, just had to post my experience. Anyone considering this light or the L1T, you sure won't be disappointed.

One more thing. Have I mentioned that I REALLY love these flashlights? :rock:

Last edited:

Boomerang

Newly Enlightened
The L2T is great.

At the security check at an airport, I had to show them the L2T after taking the holster off my belt.

I hit the tail clickie. The security check guy looked straight into it and just about lost his step, claiming "That's BRIGHT!" and handed it back to me.

:D

That and the shape is so well formed. I spoke of it in other posts, describing it as about the same as holding a cigar. Very comfortable!

Congrats on your purchase.

Andy

Mike89

Enlightened
I hear that. I know that he wouldn't want to stare into it when it was dark. I've done that and had little circles in my vision for a few minutes.

When I first got it, I turned it on in my living room in the day time. I was impressed but it was a bit misleading to me just how strong this little light really was until that night when I took it outside. Then I was going, "Holy crap, this little thing is all I need".

It has many more uses than I had first envisioned when I bought it. I was thinking I'll have me a nice little light to do my computer work inside the case and close up stuff like that. I never thought I would be able to use it as a real flashlight to light up the neighborhood but this little sucker does just that. It's not a spotlight by any means but it reaches out there pretty good, a lot more than I expected.

One thing I can say about LED's with my limited experience that I know all you diehards already know. The beam sure is pleasing to the eye. Nice and crisp and white and soothing, making everything crystal clear. I put up one of my old maglites next to it and the mag's beam was just plain butt ugly compared to it. I have no use for my mags anymore (other than maybe to beat someone over the head with it). LED's made a believer out of me.

Last edited:

TORCH_BOY

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good choice, Both the L2T and L1T are great lights, it's also worth looking at the
Fenix E0 and E1 AAA lights

Concept

Flashlight Enthusiast
Love it also. The L2T was my second decent LED light and I haven't looked back. I have gotten a few more fenix's since then and they have all proven to be great little performers.

Mike89

Enlightened
it's also worth looking at the Fenix E0 and E1 AAA lights

I already have the E1 and a couple of days ago I ordered the L0P. When I bought the E1, I wasn't paying close enough attention to the fact the L0P is 30 lumens vs the E1 at 12 lumens or I would have bought the L0P instead. So now I'll have both of them. I've been on a Fenix kick lately.

Last edited:

GrooveRite

Enlightened
Mike89 said:
I already have the E1 and a couple of days ago I ordered the L0P. When I bought the E1, I wasn't paying close enough attention to the fact the L0P is 30 lumens vs the E1 at 12 lumens or I would have bought the L0P instead. So now I'll have both of them. I've been on a Fenix kick lately.

What about the P1 Mike??? Oh man, wait till you get the P1 Mike....you just wait...:laughing::rock:.

Birth Light

Newly Enlightened
Mike89 - as a first-time LED flashlight owner you did very well. I love my Fenix lights and I have many others.

Last weekend I showed a friend my L0P and my L2P and he said "Get me one of each!". Well, I saw that the 1W L2P has been replaced (why??) by the 1W L2S so I ordered that. I also saw the L2T and ordered it for myself even though I was worried about the ~900mA 3W Luxeon appetite.

I'll be interested in run-time using "1.5V" lithiums.

RonnieBarlow

Enlightened
I love every Fenix I own. You made a good choice, Mike!

I also recommend the P1, BTW. It's an incredible light. The output for such a small, inexpensive light is astounding.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have already pre-ordered the 123a body from aseven to run this little sucker at 3 volts. Can't wait to try it out.

Nice little set-up...that nekomane CR123 body will bring your L2T down to 7.2cm - Dual stage pocket rocket!

CFU

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mike89,

Please edit your post to include the correct spelling of profanity:lolsign:

Thank you!

-Goatee

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm a fenix addict. I bought an E1 for my wife and me and was impressed with the overall design and quality of them. Just got the P1 and used it for trick or treating today. Plan to get the LOP also. Neat little lights.

Mike89

Enlightened
I just got my L0P this weekend. I have the E1 but wanted a little more oomph out of my AAA. I sure got it, it blows the E1 out of the water.

Mike89

Enlightened
I just got the standard. For a light as small as this, I had no need for 3 stages and didn't particularly like the way you had to twist, twist off a second, twist on again. Sounded like too much hassle. I just wanted it to turn on and off and give me the most light an AAA battery could provide. I could see multi-levels of brightness on a big flashlight but didn't have a need for it on an AAA one.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yep, they're all great! I still like my L2P a little better than my L2T, for the runtime on high. Yes, the L2T has two nice levels, but I always carry a second (dimmer) light with me anyway.