Firefox deletes bookmarks?!

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yesterday and just now had two weird occurences in Firefox 1.05.7.

I noticed that several lines of favorites were missing from the bookmark section. Closed the broweser then re-opened it and the bookmarks were still missing. I didn't check the file holding the bookmarks because I simply loaded up a back-up copy.

Any idea what caused this?

TIA

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Yeah I had the same problem but I don't know why it happens. I know that it didn't happen in Firefox 2.0 Beta and RC versions.

That problem made me switch to IE7 RC1 but then I tried the Firefox 2.0 and it seems great IMHO.

iced_theater

Enlightened
It did that to me, and while I was attempting to remember everything and adding it back; it started working again and everything went back to normal as if nothing happened.

sflate

Enlightened
I had all of my bookmarks come up missing last week. I searched my hard drive and found that Firefox keeps backups, so I just reloaded a backup copy. I thought it was just me, but apparently not.

WNG

Enlightened
Same here, I think it happened after I imported my old 1.0.7 bookmarks file. And the PC accidentally lost power while Firefox was open. I also notice my Google quick search pane is broken. Can't search and there are no search engines that could be added.

Hmmmm. Should have stuck with 1.07.

Illum

Flashaholic
so far no problems...

Firefox 1.5.0.6

but I have problems like "509 Bandwith exceeding limit" on certain faviorites that otherwise run fine on Internet Explorer

K A

Enlightened
Illum_the_nation said:
so far no problems...

Firefox 1.5.0.6

but I have problems like "509 Bandwith exceeding limit" on certain faviorites that otherwise run fine on Internet Explorer

I suspect that IE might be setup to NOT show such error messages to the user. What would a barely computer literate person do when they saw such a message? Probably call MS tech support and bug them about the error message.

That's my opinion at least.

Illum

Flashaholic
K A said:
I suspect that IE might be setup to NOT show such error messages to the user. What would a barely computer literate person do when they saw such a message? Probably call MS tech support and bug them about the error message.

That's my opinion at least.

I think all errors in IE are referred to the screen "this page cannot be opened"