What happened part II ?!

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok, now when i open a new window it opens up to cover about %70 of the screen. not %100 like it used to. what did i do now?

Empath

Flashaholic
If you're running a wheel mouse, hold down the Ctrl key while you scroll the wheel.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Empath:
If you're running a wheel mouse, hold down the Ctrl key while you scroll the wheel.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that just changes the type size.

B@rt

Flashaholic
Try to adjust the size by dragging a corner, and make sure you close it last... This should do it... When opening another IE-window, it should remember the last window size...
Hope this helps,

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by tkl:
ok, now when i open a new window it opens up to cover about %70 of the screen. not %100 like it used to. what did i do now?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Edited to correct mistake
twak.gif

1. Adjust the window to the size you want it.

2. While holding down the Shift key close the window.

All windows should now open in the size you just set.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
mad.gif
still doesn't work, i tried both. it only happens when i try to open a link from email notification from cpf when someone's replied to a thread i'm subscribed.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it happen on all links ? (try clicking on B@arts rainbow above)

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I made a mistake in my earlier post, try holding down only the shift key (not CTRL).

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the help guys, i'm off to work so i'll try any more suggestions when i get home.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just found the following info on Microsoft Technet:

Most problems with Internet Explorer window size can be shaken loose using a Registry tweak. Launch REGEDIT and navigate to HKEY_ CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft \Internet Explorer\Main. In the right-hand pane, locate and delete the value Window_Placement. Deleting this value is harmless, as it will be re-created when needed.

You can also set the size for secondary browser windows--the ones you get when you right-click a link and choose Open in new window. Just open a secondary window, size it as you please, and hold the Shift key down while clicking the window's Close button.

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
i tried the shift key and nothing.
mad.gif

x-ray, i don't understand a thing about the first fix.

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your not familiar with editing your registry, I wouldn't recommend you attempt that fix. Too easy to cause bigger problems
smile.gif

x-ray

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok I did a little more searching and found this method:

Open IE and right click any URL that will give you the 'Open in New Window' option
and open it. Now close the first IE window that was open. Now drag the borders of
the second window to fill the screen (Do not use the maximize button). Now hold the
'CTRL' key and click the 'X' to close the window. All IE windows should now open
to this setting.

I just tried the above and it worked for me.

Good Luck
smile.gif

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by x-ray:
ok I did a little more searching and found this method:

Open IE and right click any URL that will give you the 'Open in New Window' option
and open it. Now close the first IE window that was open. Now drag the borders of
the second window to fill the screen (Do not use the maximize button). Now hold the
'CTRL' key and click the 'X' to close the window. All IE windows should now open
to this setting.

I just tried the above and it worked for me.

Good Luck
smile.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">woooo hooooooo!
grin.gif
mucho thanks, it worked.
grin.gif
smile.gif
winkie.GIF