This is a sickness

whippoorwill

Enlightened
I am going to stay off this damn forum! I have bought four, count them, four lights in three days! Arc AAAP, Fenix L0P, Civictor V1 and L2T! What is wrong with me?!!!!:mad:

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you really want to scare yourself, add up your total flashlight-related expenditures (money-wise). I list my lights' prices in my mylights.htm page (linked to in my sig), and I added up the numbers one day, on a whim. Frightening.

whippoorwill

Enlightened
TigerhawkT3 said:
If you really want to scare yourself, add up your total flashlight-related expenditures (money-wise). I list my lights' prices in my mylights.htm page (linked to in my sig), and I added up the numbers one day, on a whim. Frightening.

What is frightening is for my wife to add them up!

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nothing's wrong, you made great choices :) Now all you need is one of my high power Luxeon Arc AAA 2-stage mods :D

BVH

Flashaholic
Whatever you do, don't read the HID forum!! And, in the true spirit of CPF, you've "bought them both", twice! Good Job!!

Last edited:

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA-P = Never leaves my side (well, my neck) if I'm awake, I've got my Arc - Superb back-up light.
buttrock.gif

Civictor V1 = Wonderfull little light for the money, compact, reliable, nicely built/finished and bright enough for most tasks, cracking little EDC.
buttrock.gif

L2T = Great light, even greater when you buy the nekomane CR123 body for it and turn it into a two stage pocket rocket.
buttrock.gif

Some smart choices you made there...all you need now is a nice 2xCR123 light for your coat pocket...a Huntlight FT-01 would see you pretty well sorted for the time being (and at only $33 your wife probably won't beat you death with it when she finds *another* flashlight)
biggrin.gif

Welcome to terminal Flashaholism...it's great.
grinser2.gif

CFU

Last edited:

tsl

Enlightened
If they were four Surefires, it could have been a lot worse. I now have 3 flashlights, a L2T for the car (no big loss if it gets ripped off), a SF L2 and an A2. I may add one more, but I've got to pace myself. :)

beezaur

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have found that a good way to get extra money for buying flashlights is to decide to buy a gun. Then I don't buy the gun, since that would be too expensive. Instead I spend some of the money that would have gone to the gun on flashlights. Plainly that is a net savings.

So as you can see there is nothing at all unhealthy about buying flashlights. It actually saves you money.

Scott

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
great choices on what you bought! :goodjob: you have learned very well!! I've got the same lights. may I suggest a step up in your illness by visiting the world of custom lights offered by ORB! have you seen the RAW/ Ns?? heh heh heh:lolsign:

WTG!

Sinjz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Four in three days? That's nothing. I bought 22 lights with my very first purchase after visiting this site. Okay, 20 of them were the $1 pocket lights from County Comm :grin2:, but still! Just wait til you start trying to put together a Surefire lego set. :ohgeez: :D

I'd wish you luck, but it's hopeless.

redskins38

Newly Enlightened
Its not a sickness, its a hobby we can stop any time we want too:whistle:

Dont deny your innerself you need just one more light, just one.

Lit Up

Flashlight Enthusiast
RedLed said:
It is a sickness. I have had to delete the Rolex Forum from my computer. I have bought four Rolex's this year alone. Flashlights are cheap after this.

Best,

RedLed

I'm envisioning the Rolex scene from U-Turn where Sean Penn is trying to give Billy Bob Thornton a Rolex in exchange for fixing a radiator hose because he's out of cash.

"Well shoot bud, that ain't got no numbers on it." :laughing:

whippoorwill

Enlightened
I am not even going to discuss my SureFires (5), my PTs (8), Petzls (5), Maglites with LED upgrade (4),Minimags, Fenix P1,etc. I had the disease before I got on these forums! I just didn't know there were other kooks like me! But it has become much, much worse! You guys are enablers! And that is wrong.

josean

Newly Enlightened
whippoorwill said:
...I have bought four, count them, four lights in three days! Arc AAAP, Fenix L0P, Civictor V1 and L2T! What is wrong with me?!!!!:mad:

Silence!!!
Listen to that voice inside your mind... What's saying?
...Fenix E1, Fenix E1, Fenix E1, ....