I Realised Something Today....

Doug

Enlightened
I relised, that everyone seems to have at least one key on thier keychain that they do not use anymore... and often, they do not even remember what that key was/is for!

So, I am wondering... look at your keys, how many do you not use anymore, and how many do you not even know what they are for?!?!

I only have 1 key that I do not use anymore (old desk drawer key from a previous job, that is still on there
grin.gif
). So, what 'bout y'll?

Doug

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Right now I have no 'unused' keys on my keychain. But I used to carry a bunch of those barrel-type Ace keys that went to my old video arcade in Alaska, a bizarre skeleton key that opened a crane machine, and my old car keys from a 1970 Ford Maverick that was stolen in 1987.

Normally I only carry my two house keys.
When I travel out of state, I also add a spare ignition key for my wheelchair to my keyring, just in case.

Doug

Enlightened
I can see it now ... "Can I help you (with a tool in the case)", "nah, I got it..."
smile.gif

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by napalm-2002:
well if you promise not to tell anyone i have two keys to the glass tool case at sears.from when i worked there.

he he he i get my own tools.i pay for them though
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug

Enlightened
barrel-type Ace keys? Oh, the round ones?
---
Video arcade? You use to own a video arcade? How many games? What was the place called? Got pictures
smile.gif
? Is that where Satan's Hollow came from?
---
"a bizarre skeleton key that opened a crane machine". As in, one of those games you find in arcades, and resturants? Got a picture of the key
smile.gif
?
---
A 17 year old Maverick? Why would someone steal one of those??? So, you are carless? Man, I wouldn't last long without my car
smile.gif
!
---
See, the stuff you learn about people, when you ask a simple question
smile.gif
? Now, if I where to mention my dream I just had about the cuddly little creature that came from ancient material, found in a box, who grows to be a hugh monster... that became my friend
smile.gif
... ahh... maybe for another post!

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Stingmon:
Right now I have no 'unused' keys on my keychain. But I used to carry a bunch of those barrel-type Ace keys that went to my old video arcade in Alaska, a bizarre skeleton key that opened a crane machine, and my old car keys from a 1970 Ford Maverick that was stolen in 1987.

Normally I only carry my two house keys.
When I travel out of state, I also add a spare ignition key for my wheelchair to my keyring, just in case.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Doug

Enlightened
No? You don't
wink.gif
? Are they left over from that party with Elvis
wink.gif
? Hehe...

Doug

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 007:
How bout keys to the county jail? hehehehe

James
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
>barrel-type Ace keys? Oh, the round ones?

Yup... they're said to be just about drill-proof, but one thing I learned at my last job was how to drill out an Ace lock.
grin.gif

>Video arcade? You use to own a video
>arcade? How many games? What was the place
>called? Got pictures? Is that where
>Satan's Hollow came from?

Norm's Video Palace in Juneau AK.; located in the Mendenhall Mall where the big Super Bear grocery store and a Bullwinkle's pizza were located.

65-75 games.

Pictures, yes. When found, I'll post one or two of them here.
(Two were found while quickly looking through one folder...)
j5.jpg
j6.jpg

Satan's Hollow, no. (that came from a Seattle junk shop).

>"a bizarre skeleton key that opened a crane
>machine". As in, one of those games you
>find in arcades, and resturants? Got a
>picture of the key?

The big clear box full of cheap stuffed animals. The spindly little metal arm with a claw on the end. Arm is mounted to an X-Y gimball the player controlled. Yeah, one of those things.

>A 17 year old Maverick? Why would someone
>steal one of those??? So, you are carless?
>Man, I wouldn't last long without my
>car
smile.gif
!

Probably because it was convenient and "free". Parked across from where I worked. And all my expensive, custom-made tools were in the trunk...
blush.gif
ouch
blush.gif

I've been car-less since. And pretty much tool-less too. The only tool I recovered was a custom-milled azimuth adjustment wrench for Pioneer laser disc players.

>See, the stuff you learn about people, when
>you ask a simple question
smile.gif
? Now, if I
>where to mention my dream I just had about
>the cuddly little creature that came from
>ancient material, found in a box, who grows
>to be a hugh monster... that became my
>friend
smile.gif
... ahh... maybe for another
>post!

Sounds like you dreamt about a creature called a Digimon. I dream about them every now and again myself.