Why? Why Oh Why Do We...

Doug

Enlightened
Have you noticed, people are willing to drive around, and around parking lots for long periods of time, just to get a parking space that is some where near the store they want to go to.... when, instead, they could just park in the far corner of the mall parking lot, and do something cRaZy, like ACTUALLY WALK to the store! Geez! I found myself doing this, this past weekend ... and wondered if anyone else has found, or does find this little 'ritual' of ours (as American's, I suppose) ridiculous.... Do ya?

Doug

Artie Choke

Newly Enlightened
your "from" line says it all - you're from sunny California. nobody walks here!
wink.gif

if you don't believe me, check out "LA Story" and "Annie Hall" for some CA bashing!
grin.gif
I think Woody says something to the effect: "I'll walk to the curb from here". And Steve Martin gets in his car to drive to his neighbors house - next door!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, since I don't walk or drive a car, my response to this "survey" shouldn't count for much.

Anywhere I need to go, I fire up ol' Betsy (electric wheelchair) and drive myself directly to my destination, then back home again. No parking, or circling to hassle with, but plenty of waiting as usally the only wheelchair checkout counter in any given store I go to is either closed or has a long line of non-wheelchair customers who write checks for even the smallest purchase (a candy bar or a can of pop, for example).

Newly Enlightened
frown.gif
Hey Stingmon, my Mom is confined to a wheelchair, and I now notice that kind of stuff that most people don't think about - unless they were in your shoes...

Maybe one day things will improve, but until then, like my Mom says "life can be a bitc#!but you just gotta deal with it!!!!!!!