New INOVA XO?

ahw

Newly Enlightened
Are there 2 types of INOVA XO's out, it seems one has a TIROS optic and is not tapered and one does NOT have the optic and has a larger bezel than the rest of the body. I was told INOVA was one of the BEST brands out there(not as good as surefire, as their prices indicate) anyone agree.

ahw

Newly Enlightened
is the new version considered a FLOODLIGHT? I'm not sure if I need the high output of the xo3 i'd rather have the best possible regulated runtime.

bitslammer

Enlightened
XO is more of a spot but will decent spill according to the review. My XO3 is definately a spot but does have decent sidespill for close up. The X5 is the true flood in the inova line.

X Racer

Enlightened
The new X0 with the larger head and the reflector is a fantastic all around light. Its built like a tank, and has a great beam with a bright spot and a nice smooth transition into a nice corona. Excellent light...

fnmag

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dittos, I really like the new XO. It's smaller than the previous version and has a very good beam. Build quality is top notch and the Inova warranty is excellent.

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree with all the above, you won't be disappointed. Check Flashlight Reviews.com

Ikonomi

Enlightened
I have only had the chance to play with the new XO inside its packaging at Target, but I was impressed. Based on Doug's numbers at FLR, the beam should be pretty cool -- not much throw, but a nice, multipurpose middle of the road beam. The 5 hour regulation is sick.

My main concerns, though, center around Inova's slipping quality control. The reports of the plastic lenses falling off of recent Inova lights are disheartening. I have an older X5, X1, and XO3, and all three are built like tanks. Also, why not put a mirrored reflector in that XO...? I mean, there is nothing to lose, and output and lux to gain.

flame2000

Enlightened
Ikonomi said:
I have only had the chance to play with the new XO inside its packaging at Target, but I was impressed. Based on Doug's numbers at FLR, the beam should be pretty cool -- not much throw, but a nice, multipurpose middle of the road beam. The 5 hour regulation is sick.

My main concerns, though, center around Inova's slipping quality control. The reports of the plastic lenses falling off of recent Inova lights are disheartening. I have an older X5, X1, and XO3, and all three are built like tanks. Also, why not put a mirrored reflector in that XO...? I mean, there is nothing to lose, and output and lux to gain.

:huh2: .......thgt the new XO now comes with reflector. The older XO is now called XO2 and uses the TIR Optics.

Ikonomi

Enlightened
flame2000 said:
:huh2: .......thgt the new XO now comes with reflector. The older XO is now called XO2 and uses the TIR Optics.

Yeah, but if I remember correctly it's not a mirror finish reflector like you see in any other flashlight. It's like the new X1, a stainless steel cone. Unless I am misremembering, in which case never mind. Just apply my comment to the new X1 instead.

chumley

Enlightened
The new XO is a great light. It has good throw for a 1 watt luxeon, if I could only have 1 led light, the new XO would be at the top of the list.

I like the compact size compared to the old XO, and the spill light is more useful IMO.