help on ordering ARC-LS

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I preordered a LS on Peter's site before the cutoff date and got a res number. Do I now have to go back and reorder and give the res #?
On a sadder note, I can't find my LE. Went ballistic looking for it. That's when the realization hit me that I am a true Flashaholic. I asked TTS if he had any left. The dread answer was "NO". I will keep looking. The Photon I stuck in my pocket does'nt cut it.

Darell

Flashaholic
Hey Phred -

I totally know what you mean about worrying where your lights are. I have six AAA's spread out in my house right now, and I find myself doing a mental inventory of them several times a day. I HATE losing things - which often prevents me from using them, which is sad.

I probably need professional help, but I can't afford that AND flashlights.

Can't help with the whole LS order thing...

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:

I totally know what you mean about worrying where your lights are. I have six AAA's spread out in my house right now, and I find myself doing a mental inventory of them several times a day. I HATE losing things - which often prevents me from using them, which is sad.
I probably need professional help, but I can't afford that AND flashlights
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

darell-take some advice from somebody who has missplaced his Arc-AAA about 5 times
blush.gif
blush.gif

-Attach it to something, -like maybe a keyring???
tongue.gif
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by vcal:
darell-take some advice from somebody who has missplaced his Arc-AAA about 5 times
blush.gif
blush.gif

-Attach it to something, -like maybe a keyring???
tongue.gif
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, see, there's the problem. I don't use keys anymore. My car doesn't need them and my house doesn't need them. I like to have my LED lights handy, but I don't like to actually carry them on my person. I have one hanging by the phone in the family room, one on my computer, one in the bathroom, one in the car, one in the nightstand drawer, one in my travel bag...and now I have about eight more places I need them
smile.gif
The good news is that as of 3:07 PST, I know where they all are again. The left-over lights are all hanging on my repository area
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

http://www.wildlifematerials.com/index.html
...the actual transmitter fits in a can smaller than your pinky tip joint...hey -- it's one way to not lose stuff... you can get receivers that track from 3 to 60 different frequencies...I heard somewhere about a system that uses a paper stamp with an antenna-like grid etched on it that somehow activates (because it is a diode? like the theft detection chips that stores put on clothing-- does anyone understand this?) a detector when it comes nearby--the idea was you would get a book of thousands of stamps, label everything in the house, making an inventory list, and be able to find it by dialing in it's serial number to the detector -- has anyone else seen this thing? To me it would be a very wild dream come true.

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ted, I've seen a transmitter actually used to aid the finding of a Peregrine Falcon, at an exhibition of hunting hawks and the like.

It was attached to the beauty's tail feathers, and only sized about the same as 3 LR44's - and that was over 10 years ago. Used a 6" x 1/25" (approx.) aerial to send out.

But the direction-finding reciever was briefcase sized ......

lightlover
smile.gif

Sorry phred - better ask this in the 300+ post "Gransee Forum" !

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by phred:
I preordered a LS on Peter's site before the cutoff date and got a res number. Do I now have to go back and reorder and give the res #?
On a sadder note, I can't find my LE. Went ballistic looking for it. That's when the realization hit me that I am a true Flashaholic. I asked TTS if he had any left. The dread answer was "NO". I will keep looking. The Photon I stuck in my pocket does'nt cut it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry about the lost LE. Darell is right about attaching it to something. Otherwise I am sure I would have lost mine quite quickly!

On the LS, the reservation is half of the formula. We need a reservation+order. Right now we are sold out -even for most reservation holders! But we will complete every order eventually.

Peter Gransee