Twisty noise with cr2 ion.

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
Does anybody notice when they twist their cr2 ion from low to high a rubbing sound?
I was just wondering if this is normal or if I should return it.
When twisting I hear a sound that is similar to when you rub nylon a zzzzz sound that is bumpy. So how bout it, am I the only one with this problem or are all cr2 ions supposed to be buttery smooth.

BTW, I am using a duracell cr2 ion.

xdanx

Enlightened
Both of my IONs are very smooth. My suggestion would be to try and cleaning the threads with a toothpick & Isopropyl alcohol. Then apply some lubricant. If that doesn't work I would send it back (and check the threads for damage/imperfections).

Endeavour

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like there's no lube around the O-Ring. Where did you purchase the Ion from?

The older versions of the Ion (those made before July) came equipped with a thicker O-Ring than the ones currently being used, and can sometimes force the lubricant out of their channel. I'd recommend replacing the O-Ring with a thinner one if you can, and temporarily relubricating it until it arrives.

Please send me an e-mail ([email protected]) and I'll get you squared away.

-Enrique

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not on mine either! One of the best lights made imho!!

citizenal

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the replies guys.. I was just wondering if this was a normal thing... I have emailed Endeavour about a replacement o-ring.

Thanks all!
Al

blahblahblah

Enlightened
My Ti CR2 Ion has no noise. The only thing I don't care for is the amount you have to turn it to go from low to high.