Radio Shack 1 watt luxeon...

tvman

Newly Enlightened
RS is a rebranded Allied International - same light as Sam's Element made by Allied

There is a group of CPFers including myself who like the Element and think it warrants better than a 2 spot rating. More like 3 which I believe the 1w original got. Original 1w Element is better and brighter than current 1.25w (2pk $24.xx at Sam's).

wasBlinded

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the Radio Shack price, this is not such a good light. For the Sam's club price of 2 for $24 its not bad. It is essentially a direct drive 3xAAA light, there is no regulation circuitry. This is not a big handicap if you use Nimh or Lithium AAA cells, but brightness with them will depend on the Vf of the LED in your sample. With an RYOH Lux I, I find it gives about an hour of bright enough light on 900 mAh Nimh cells.

carbine15

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my elements and they serve duty as indoor closet lights. If it were waterpoof it'd be a car light or emergency light. The best thing about them was the price. $12 each was a steal. At the same time Sams club had the Cyclops 2 for $12. Now that was an even better deal (though not LED) they ARE waterproof and rugged enough to serve as car lights. I even converted one to LED with a UK eLED module that cost me $16. If I saw a pack of elements today at radio shack I'd probly walk right by them at any price just for the fact that they lied on the package saying it was regulated when they clearly are not.

BillMPL

Newly Enlightened
Wow, thanks to all for the info. I sure won't waste my money on it, even at the cheaper Sam's price. I figured being Radio Shack it would be grossly overpriced.

Illum

Flashaholic
BillMPL said:
Wow, thanks to all for the info. I sure won't waste my money on it, even at the cheaper Sam's price. I figured being Radio Shack it would be grossly overpriced.

same with batteries and resistors:whistle:

tanasit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time when I wanted to buy a new flashlight, I consult the members here and most likely they either tell me a better one or where to get it for a better price too.

CPF members rock!!!
:rock: :rock: :rock: :rock: :rock:

BillMPL said:

Latest posts