ArcMania 5W Tower Module

Protaeus

Enlightened
I just got a shiny new 5W Arcmania Tower module for my surefire M4 and hot damn! It is truly an awesome light! I've never been particularly fond of LEDs but this one is just great. I get a large hotspot which throws about as far as the LOLA for the M6 but runs for even longer!

Just a few questions though - Those two little wires which lead to the LED on the top of the module look awefully fragile - Has anyone had any problems with these falling off?

Also - whats a safe runtime for these things? I've heard that they can overheat because the shock isolation on the M4 bezel doesnt dissapate the heat well....

Oh and finally, I tried running this on my M3T with AWs 17500 protected cells but I got nothing - is the current too high?

Thanks Arcmania for this great bulb replacement!

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've read that 15 mins in the KT4s is about as long as you'll want to run it. I ran mine in a KT1. I also ran mine in a 2x17500 configuration without an issue- these are good from 6.5 to 16 v. Your problem may be that the springs need to be stretched a wee bit?

pete7226

Enlightened
The only problem Ive had with mine is that the ground wire soldering came loose and it took me awhile to figure out why the light wasnt working. I was very carefull when removing the assembly and only did it a few times playing with different bulbs but it was enough because of the very tight fit to cause the problem. Its in its permanent host now so I dont worry about it coming loose as I will probably never remove it from the turbo head. I made sure its contacting the spring and left it alone-didnt re-solder-works fine.
As far as heat buildup, I run it in a SRTH with 2 pila 600s for 10-15 minutes at a time with no problems or extreme heat.

Latest posts