MiniMag Tailcap difficult to turn

jrmcferren

Enlightened
The tailcap on my MiniMag that I bought Saturday has a tailcap that is getting hard to turn. It has a grinding feeling to it and I found it is grinding the aluminum off:awman:. I have a bad habit of playing with the tailcap:ohgeez:and I'm wondering if I should use something to lubricate it. I don't have petroleum jelly and am wondering what I can use or if this is even normal. Is this something I need to make a warranty claim about. It should be noted that if there are no batteries in the flashlight there is no grinding at all. My MiniMag is my EDC.

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm... maybe you should go find at some hardware store for conductive lubrication.

however, if you can find nyogel , it will be a better choice

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Take it back to the store for an exchange! I brought a Mini Maglite from Target and it works great out-of-the-box.

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
jrmcferren said:
Would they have the conductive lubrication at Wal-Mart?
Why would you need to purchase some aftermarket thing to fix your brand new flashlight? Take it back to the store!

Genxsis

Newly Enlightened
I bought one from Walmart and it had the same problem. I just put some regular machine oil on the threads and it worked smoothly. I find it difficult to believe the factory couldn't have done that. My original MM was never rough out of the box 10 years ago!