HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2002 !!!!!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Over here in the UK, it's 21.21, only a short time to go to midnight.

Best Wishes to All CPF Members,
and may many new hand-held lighting devices come our way this year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR for 2002 !!!!!

Sincerely,
Jahn,

lightlover, [ *something ridiculous ? ]

smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Time to have some fun with that green laser and the supercharged red one I sent you.
grin.gif

Part of my arsenal for tonight's party will be a green pointer, a supercharged red one, a violet LED flashlight or two, a PT Surge, an E2, and a Trek 6000.
All with reasonably fresh batteries (90%+ capacity)installed.
This doesn't count the 150+ discrete LEDs already on my wheelchair.
grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Party On Everyone!

Happy New Year to all CPF'ers!

grin.gif
Steve "flashlightguy"

Hello Jahn, Craig!
Hey Craig, careful, don't get any laser-burn this evening...
shocked.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by flashlightguy:
Hello Jahn, Craig!
Hey Craig, careful, don't get any laser-burn this evening...
shocked.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Probably not much to worry about there, not with the new light I just made.
Found some Christmas themed LED flasher neckties at the local Rite-Aid. Each has a board inside that flashes 5 LEDs in a pseudo-random pattern, and every one of them was dead as a doorknob. Got em for about $2 apiece.
I only bought two, but after tearing one open and modifying it, I might buy out the rest of the stock first thing Wednesday morning if they're still on display.

With this circuit, I've made a flasher with an LED of every primary color of the rainbow: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, and purple. To compensate for the "missing" line, I just tied the red & the yellow LED together. A 4-AA battery pack and a 50 ohm resistor finish the job, and now it's going on my wheelchair.

I can absolutely, positively guarantee, that this will be the most unique "portable" LED display no matter what rave or party I end up going to.

See you all next year.
grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Still about an hour to go here in CA. How's 2002 so far for the rest of you (non-Hawaiian) folks? Anything I should watch out for?
shocked.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Well, this is about 3:23 after the big hour, and nothing catastrophic has happened.
The place I partied at was supposed to have "cash balloons" fall at midnight, but guess what? They only dropped them on the 3rd floor. I was very pissed about that, but didn't stay *too* mad for long.
mad.gif

That was the only thing that drove me to party at that particular location. Now I want to cuss. [*But I won't, in case members might be "shocked"]

O well.... at least I made it back home in one piece. That's more than I can say for a few people I encountered on my 2-mile drive home. (those who were passed out with their pants full of pee-pee).

I built and displayed the world's first entiredly LED-based "G.P.L." this evening. Nobody has *ever* built and/or displayed one before. By far, the most comments about it came from women than men. Maybe it's time to go to one of "those" bars and show off my warez, who knows I might have a lot of money just waiting to happen
If I can get together about $4,500.00 I might just be able to patent the silly thing.
Otherwise I'll just let the people at Eternalight make a 6- or 8-LED "Rave'n" in this configuration in exchange for some samples.
smile.gif

For those curious about what "G.P.L." means, please feel free to e-mail me. But don't get on my toliet muscle and start calling me funny names when I tell you what "G.P.L." means.
grin.gif

[* "EDITED" by a moderator with more time than common sense] [In a spirit of "Fun" ... ]

Darell

Flashaholic
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
calling me funny names when I tell you what "G.P.L." means.
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

First off, I was calling you funny names way before you came up with GPL. But I don't want to seem politically incorrect, so I'll guess G**py Party Light.

What'd I win?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by darell:
First off, I was calling you funny names way before you came up with GPL. But I don't want to seem politically incorrect, so I'll guess G**py Party Light.

What'd I win?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

smile.gif
It's not a Guppy Party Light, but you're really not that far off. The last letter (L) is right. I suppose the crazy thing would sell even if you called it that.
smile.gif

The answer is now on my website if you look for it.

Now is time to go searching around the house for forgotten drinks lest I start smelling mould in a few weeks. The half-used bottle of champagne in the fridge will probably end up going down the drain - I'm not crazy enough to drink that stuff two days in a row.
grin.gif

Happy New Year everyone, tomorrow is Light Cannon delivery day, yay!!

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
... I've made a flasher with an LED of every primary color of the rainbow ... <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

... I built and displayed the world's first entiredly LED-based "G.P.L." this evening. Nobody has *ever* built and/or displayed one before.
For those curious about what "G.P.L." means, please feel free to e-mail me. ...
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ha !!
I finally worked out what G.P.L. means. Without visiting the LED Museum !
It's A World First - and it's marketable, for sure. San Francisco and Sydney etc. Pride Parades, watch out !!!
I really hope that no (Villainous ! ) manufacturer makes one without acknowledging it with Royalties.

It means: Great Pride Light
grin.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif

lightlover

Ps - Sorry for editing your post, Telephony: it was a joke, HONEST !!

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
I really hope that no (Villainous ! ) manufacturer makes one without acknowledging it with Royalties.

It means: Great Pride Light
grin.gif
wink.gif
shocked.gif
smile.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Something like that. As we say in the US, "close enough for government work."
grin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *something ridiculous ?:
Ps - Sorry for editing your post, Telephony: it was a joke, HONEST !!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmm... I never considered "H**L", "B***S", and "C**P" as real cuss words. Bart Simpson says them on TV a lot. I'll c*ns*r th*m f**m n*w on.
wink.gif

I didn't understand the joke, by the way...
blush.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh Gosh !! Telephony, sorry ...
It's that d#mn British *Humour* thing again.

You were perfectly entitled to express yourself in that way ! They're not cusswords that matter !
I just thought it was funny to "censor" such harmless stuff - especially in a post by an eminent senior member.

Abashedly,
lightlover
frown.gif
blush.gif
rolleyes.gif
shocked.gif

smile.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Oh Gosh !! Telephony, sorry ...
It's that d#mn British *Humour* thing again.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

hehe... don't you mean "d*mn Br*t**h h*m**r"?
grin.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

(Imagine a "smiley" with its hand covering its mouth)
wink.gif