Old Surefire 9N parts/support?

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
I also recently bought a 9N. The battery charger is definitely different than the 9AN. The 9N has metal rings on the tailcap and bezel for charging. The battery is charged inside the 9N body, while the batteries are charged externally for the 9AN. The 9AN uses a fast smart charger. You can remove the battery from a 9N and use the current SF charger as long as you have a B90 battery. I'm not sure if Surefire has replacement parts for the 9N such as tailcap and bezel as they no longer make these parts. They aren't interchangable with the 9AN. The bulb is the same as the 9AN. I know Surefire will replace the lens on a 9N. Other than that I don't really know.

Pyzon

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a couple of 9N's for the past 10-12 years and love them for the fine job they have performed but am finding a serious lack of original parts from SF, namely bezels and tailcaps. Those from a 9AN will fit the 9N but in my case I use the slip in charger that holds the whole light rather than the charger that only holds the battery and the 9N bezel and tailcap do not have the rings that my favorite charger uses to make the contact.

Yes, surefire still warrants these, but you're not going to get 9N parts unless you convince them to investigate re-machining new old parts, and in a conversation I had with them last week they admit that it could be a serious wait for the flashlight to be returned (6 mos. possibly) if indeed they would even agree to remake the parts. I am in need of 2 bezels and 1 tailcap now.

I quit using the weak SF NiCd cells a long time ago and had Mike at
www.CheapBatteryPacks.com make up 3 cell sub-C sticks of Sanyo 3300 mah NiMh cells (the latest cells now are up to 4200 mah, btw) that perform much better and charge just fine in the stock SF chargers. You have to solder on a top button to make contact with the R90 lamp though as they don't have the capability to do that at his factory.

As far as I know the only lamp available is the R90 from SF, and at $34 a pop, be careful how often you drop your light !

The 9N's Performance is adequate for my needs and still pretty awesome, so I have resisted jumping ship to the Wolf Eyes or G&P's Scorpion R500, but down the road the Lithium Ion battery choices in the other products might sway me.
When and if that occurs I'll have a sale of a couple of 9N's and chargers and 4 upgraded battery sticks.

strat1080

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a couple of 9N's for the past 10-12 years and love them for the fine job they have performed but am finding a serious lack of original parts from SF, namely bezels and tailcaps. Those from a 9AN will fit the 9N but in my case I use the slip in charger that holds the whole light rather than the charger that only holds the battery and the 9N bezel and tailcap do not have the rings that my favorite charger uses to make the contact.

I was told in a recent thread that the bezel and tailcap from the 9AN are not interchangable with the 9N. I imagine that they should fit but you will just lose the ability of the 9N to charge with the battery in the light itself. Is this correct?