Warning, You Are Closing 2 Tabs

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
If I go to a linked site I get the above notice and cannot close just the one tab. The CPF closes, too, when I close the linked site. What must I change in my settings?

Thanks.

tebore

Flashlight Enthusiast
Using IE7? You don't use the little X in the right hand upper corner. To close the tab you want you click on the tab and a little X will appear on the Tab you're currently veiwing click it to close the tab you're currently viewing.

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
What exactly do you do? In theory, you can right-click on a tab and select Close Tab. I'm not entirely clear on whether you're familiar with tabbed browsing. If you're not, then you might be expecting a link to open in a new window, and it's just opening in a new tab in the same window.

Did any of that help?

Empath

Flashaholic
Since this is a concern regarding browsers, and not an administrative problem regarding CPF, I'm moving it into the Cafe.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've always been able to close a tab at a time by clicking on the "X" or right clicking at the bottom of the screen and selecting "close". In the past I used IE but for the last two years FireFox has been my browser. Just upped to FF2 and now can't close any link while on CPF without also closing the CPF connection.

Cerbera

Newly Enlightened
Are you using 1.5 or 2.0? I know in 1.5 it is on the far right on the tab bar and under the search engine. If anything, click the tab and use the shortcut ctrl-w. I love short cuts, but yeah its different from the top right X or alt-f4.

benchmade_boy

Flashlight Enthusiast
mine just recenyly started donig the same thing and it really p!sses me off and by the way i am using firefox to do you think itts the system or what i really dont know crap about computers so please help.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
This problem recently began with FireFox 1.5 but continued with the 2.0 version I downloaded last week. Until this month, I haven't had a problem.