SF E Series Tailcaps

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
The clickie tailcaps on Surefire E Series lights don't seem to last very long. Does anyone know how to get a good ole "twist on" for this series? I don't see them listed as an acessory from Surefire. Perhaps an aftermarket switch?

I am getting very tired of dealing with these tailcap issues. When they work, my Sureifres are great however.....

Maybe it is time to sell my SF colloection and move on....Maybe a Night Ops Gladius?

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I replaced the Z57 clickie that came with my E2e with a Z52 LOTC for this reason. I emailed SureFire CS about this, and the CS rep informed me that the Z52 is no longer in production.

The day SureFire ceased production of the Z52 was a sad day for the E series lights, IMHO. If I ever lost my E2e, I wouldn't get another one unless I could find a Z52 for it. If that happened I'd probably get a P60-based light like a G2 or C2, assuming those continue to come stock with LOTCs.

Campdavid

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the info...based on what is all over this forum, SF really should make a "twisty" for the E series. Bummer.

If anyone knows of an aftermarket product that works, please let me know.

Thanks