Just one of those days

yuandrew

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last night, I dreamed that my engine would not start. I ended up wakeing 15 mins later than my normal time so I skipped breakfast and immediately began leaving for class.

Well, you've guessed it; my car actually had trouble starting. It eventually started after a couple trys and I left for class only to find out traffic was also very bad due an accident on the freeway. Ended up being 12 minuites late but everyone else in my class was late also due to being stuck in the traffic as well.

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Strange how sometimes dreams are like a window into the future. Sometimes I wonder if when you dream a bad day is coming you're better off just staying in bed. I really hate days when seemingly everything which can go wrong does.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember a night when I dreamed about taking a test in school (high school). I had a history exam that I was cramming for. When I sat down at the test the next I had already seen all of the questions the night before. No kidding.

It can be so strange.

Then there was the time my family, my grandparents, and I visited a Liberty ship in San Francisco. I had no earthly idea at age 15 what a Liberty ship was. However, once we got onboard I had deja vu- I stopped my mom and told her what the bridge looked like, where everyone was standing, and what the tour guide would say. We entered the bridge and it was as I described, and the scene and the tour guide's story were the same. My mom and I still talk about that to this day...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I had a dream a few years back that the toliet would not flush...when I got up that morning, guess what? The toliet would not flush. :shakehead:

Let's go to my dream diary and see if I can find that...BBS...

================================================================

August 12, 2002
I was in my bathroom, and my toliet was broken. It would not flush. I called maintenance, and they came right over. A circuit breaker panel magically appeared on the wall next to and above the toliet bowl on the right-hand side (as you face the bowl), and a small opening was noticed in the floor directly in front of the toliet, slightly to the left of center. When the maintenance guy flipped the breaker, the toliet flushed itself and brownish toliet water started spewing from the hole in the floor, and the breaker panel started emitting clouds of greyish black, stinky electrical smoke. I was trying to sop up the mess coming from the hole using towels, old clothes, and a dried-up yellow sponge mop; then I grabbed one of those little contour rugs that's supposed to go in front of the toliet, and threw it over the hole in the floor instead. Then I woke up, ending the dream for good.

As an interesting side note, when I went to use my toliet this morning, it really would not flush. I took the tank lid off, and filled the tank using a beer pitcher and the bathtub faucet. After flushing, I jiggled the guts inside the toliet tank and started them working again, but I'll probably have to replace the flush valve in the very near future. Strange coincidence that I'd dream my tiolet was busted, and then find it broken for real the very same morning?

================================================================

RA40

Flashlight Enthusiast
On those bad premonition days...stay in bed and watch TV. :D

One dream...was to get gas for the car before a short trip or it would cost me. Well, when I got into the car, I figured there was enough to make it so I just went. On the return trip, there was a fun corner I like take hard, I was coming through when I felt the engine cut-out. It died the on the next sputter. Looking at the gas gauge, it was on "E" but that meant there was about 1.75-2 gallons left.

My brainy idea to take the hard corner caused the gas to shift and starve the fuel pump thus burning it out. Cost $800 for a new fuel pump and on top of that, I had towing fees because the nearest authorized Toyota was beyond my AAA basic tow limit. :(

icecube

Newly Enlightened
I once took a 35 mile trip on what the OBC said was 6 liters. It's about 1.5 gallons.

When I got to the gas station of my choice, it said 5.0 liters. Nice.

Does anybody ever carry like a 2 gallon thing of gas in their car?

I must get one of those sometime. Something to store gas in there sometime...or cycle it every so often. Need a medical kit too...

On the topic of bad dreams, I usually forget mine within a month...

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope I don't have the same "powers" as you guys. Last night I dreamt about getting stuck in a huge Sears/K-Mart type store during a natural disaster with electrical blackout. I had to get to the sporting goods department to arm myself before the rioting customers did me in. Only one shotgun was left when I finally got there.

That darn well better not happen tomorrow. :D

ABTOMAT

Flashlight Enthusiast
Every time I feel like the internet has gotten too fast and reliable, I just spend some time on CPF and wait for the system to overload. :D

Illum

Flashaholic
The_LED_Museum said:
I had a dream a few years back that the toliet would not flush...when I got up that morning, guess what? The toliet would not flush. :shakehead

theres a clue in your reviews, maybe you unknowingly flushed a light down the bowl and not know it....:ohgeez:

I dreamed that my bed's leg would collapse since its been squeaking for awhile now...i went to to take a test the next morning, half way done i leaned back on the seat...the rear left leg gave way and I fell on the floor onto the broken chair leg....i dont know whether theres a correlation and it wasn't funny:thumbsdow

Latest posts