What to buy wifey

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just picked up my wife a Fenix P1 for her car key chain light and she loves it. I want its intense brightness for her to carry with her car keys while walking to the car at night.

She also has a Photon Microlite II on her house keys, and a RR 2 AAA in her purse along with a Brinkman LED headlamp in her work bag for power outages at the Nursing home she works at.

bengazzara

Banned
Mine now has a P1 but she couldn't care less.

There use to be a SF but she complained it was too big.

She recently decided my red mag/led was now hers because she liked the color.

VWTim

Enlightened
The only light I could get my ex gf to carry, besides a photon on her keys, was a Pink Minimag with a SMJLED clone and lithiums. Keyword pink, I guess it was cute enough for her to want to have it around.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
A purple Photon Freedom Keychain light and matching Jewelry worked for my wifey.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got my wife a pink RAZR a few months ago as a gift. So I got her a burgundy-ish flashlight on a whim and she doesn't like it. Sigh.

Get her a purse. Get her a gift certificate to a spa. Just don't buy her a light. Trust me.

MojoLight

Newly Enlightened

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's set things straight.

*You should not give your wifey a flashlight as a gift for an occasion. Unless it's a throw-in.

*You should give your wifey a flashlight "just because".

You did not say it was for an occasion?

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Once upon a time I offered my sister a choice from among several lights and she glommed on to a Streamlight Keymate in silver. Uses little "pill" batteries but they have lasted a long time.

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
Hmmm... I asked my girlfriend last night if she wanted a flashlight - setting no limits - to which she answered, simply, "No."

Yet she still keeps me around :) I must be doing something right!

My advice: if you feel like you have to get her one, I'd say keep it minimal in price and in size - if she asks how much it costs, and you answer honestly, you won't want it to be over $50 - otherise get ready for a :rant: for "wasting" your money.

john

Last edited:

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
SWMBO loves the Photon micro-lights, both red and white beams. She has them on her keys, purse and on her luggage. I've shown her several of my slightly larger and brighter lights like the RAW NS, AWR's Nano but she won't budge - she loves the Photon's. Oh well, at least I know if she's ever in a "situation" she'll have some sort of light to rely on.

Cliff

Sharpdogs

Enlightened
My wife loves her Arc AAA. You can always by her a Photon keychain light and put it one of those blue Tiffany boxes. I strongly suggested having the Tiffany jewelry as well.