Are you holding Fenix Purchase until Fenix comes out with Cree XR-E Based Lights?

Are you holding Fenix Purchase until Fenix comes out with Cree XR-E Based Lights?

• No, I love Fenix, I buy every light they bring on :)

Votes: 8 3.0%
  • No, I love Fenix, I may buy any of Fenix as I please :)

Votes: 56 21.0%
  • Yes, I love Fenix, I am eagerly waiting for Cree XR-E based Fenix

Votes: 110 41.2%
  • May Be, but L0P-SE is too tempting, I may cross the line ;)

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • May Be, but I will hold on for now

Votes: 39 14.6%
  • I have Fenix, but I will not buy Fenix Light in future

Votes: 10 3.7%
  • I do not have Fenix and I will not buy Fenix Light anways

Votes: 17 6.4%
  • No Option

Votes: 12 4.5%

• Total voters

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast

No, I am not, are you?

revolvergeek

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would be very interested to check them out, but I am still buying a bunch of E0s and E1s for Christmas presents.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Got my L0P-SE do not need any more Fenix.
May buy another gift box so I can give both my E1 away for Xmas.

EDIT
Was thinking of getting myself an Electrolumens Tri-Blaster 3x3W 3C for Xmas. May hold off on that. Going from 200 to 400 lumens for just a little bit more is worth waiting for.

Will probably buy a L0P-SE-XRE or E1-XRE when Fenix gets around to building one. It should be soon. Fenix moves at warp speed to stay on top. Just noticed they introduced the L1 to CPF on 08-11-2005 just 14 months ago. Look at their lineup today. Imagine where they will be by next Xmas (dec 2007).

Last edited:

thanos

Newly Enlightened
A little off topic... but how long do you think it'll take before the first Cree XR-E Based Lights come out? I'm looking to either get a fenix l2t or liteflux lf1 for a christmas gift, however if these are comin out soon i'd rather hold out.

Last edited:

light_emitting_dude

Flashlight Enthusiast
Waiting for my P1 and would like and LOP also. I'm hooked on Phenix or I mean Fenix. Will definately buy a Fenix with the Cree LED!! (Maybe 2)

Ledacholic Anonymous

Newly Enlightened
Fenix light is more practical for me. It hit the right price point to quality and practicality.
Alright fenix, get to work on the Cree version. I have create this Cree Avatar to satisfy myself in the mean time.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm, I've voted that I have some Fenix and that I will not be buying anymore.

I don't have a "problem" with them, I just have plenty of small lights and my tastes have gone a little bit more "up-market" as it were. I also feel I should be investing in a few more "big" flashlights.

Then again, if they bring out a multi-level P1 or a V1-SE I will probably buy one, just because I like the original P1 & V1 so much (don't care if it's a cree or not, as long as it's good).

CFU

Ty_Bower

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanos said:
A little off topic... but how long do you think it'll take before the first Cree XR-E Based Lights come out?
I'm guessing it may be another 12 months before we see them in any kind of quantity. I have no evidence to support this, it's just my gut feeling.

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless Fenix comes out with something else that is truely awesome (3 stage P1 :naughty: ) I will be waiting until they make a Cree XR-E light before I buy another flashlight.

NutSAK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm still happy with the "old" Lux technology. I will continue to buy Fenix, as they are the most used lights I have. Besides, I don't have a P1 yet and the possibility of a 3-stage P1 makes that temptation even sweeter.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am almost saturated with lights at this point so the purchases have fallen off the bell curve. The only light left is my Mag Quad Mod with MaxFlex regulator. It will be running the Cree XR-E LEDs since I want 400+ lumens and 3 hours of runtime on the pack.

All my light purchases will be XR-E based as there is one light I have left to get. A L0P SE like light but with the XR-E and much flatter regulation. I would think of it as a FF3 in a single AAA form factor. Maybe take a minimagLED and throw my spare XR-E in there to see what happens.

The Luxeon series to XR-E represents such a major jump in performance, reminds me of the multiple 5mm lights to Luxeon light migration of 4 years ago. So much for loyalty!

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I will only get a Fenix XR-E if it satisfies certain conditions.
If it only misses out on one of the following:
Multi-level, reasonable price, good review/first impressions, decent tint, and nobody else beats them to the punch with a good small light.

If Millermods makes a screaming 80 lumen AAA or better yet AA or CR123, I may jump at a mod, or maybe mod a light I already have once I see what the emitter looks like. 100 lumen Jil Intelli?....

datiLED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been eyeing the single cell Fenix lights (AA or CR123), especially the Civictor. But, if they are going to release a XR-E soon, I am holding out!

Derek

Raven

Enlightened
I would think this will be a very hot topic, when the next SHOT show (January 11-14, 2007) rolls around.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the XR-E tint is as good as I think it will be, then these are going to be Luxeon killers. I believe most interest in Luxeons will be diverted by these. I'm very stoked about the new Cree's.

I'm going to be working on ways to convert existing Luxeon flashlights; of course granting the fact that beam profile will be a little different.

I'll be waiting to see Fenix release new Cree based lights. I have enough Luxeon lights...

Last edited:

ernsanada

Flashlight Enthusiast
ViReN said:

No, I am not, are you?

Have you heard Fenix is going to manufacture some lights with the Cree XR-E's?