problems accessing AGR web site

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have never been able to access arizonagunrunners web site. I can easily access it on other computers at work, but my computer at home will not pull up the pages. I have DSL so it's not a slow load thing. Firewall on or off does not work. Very rarely I'll get a few images and maybe a word or two but the web browser just hangs there in limbo.
frown.gif
shocked.gif

I bought my 8NX from there via a phone call, but I would like to browse now and then to see if there are any specials and check out the selection.

Any one else have this problem and find a solution?

P.S. I am working a lot lately (some out of town) so my replies will be sloooooow.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
Some questions for you, perhaps it will lead to a soln. Do you rcv. the machine gun sound when you load their site at work? Do you get any part of the site to load at home? What is the msg you rcv, if any at home

I've noticed my browser pauses loading their page until the machine gun gets done firing. Perhaps yours is hanging on it. As well, a plug in or helper app at home could be not available, not current, or not functioning properly. Just some initial guesses and thoughts.

Man, and its a great site to, especially with the 2-for-1 deal on SF M3's for online purchases from home <KIDDING! Not actually true.>

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd say 98% of the time when I type in or click on a AGR link nothing happens at all. The page does not change if I type the link and click on go, and if I click on a link to open in a new window, the window stays white with nothing loading. For example right before I started typing this I typed www.arizonagunrunners.com into my start page address section and clicked on "go" and the page has not changed a bit. The little icon in the top right hand corner has been animated like it's searching for the page, but nothing has loaded.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
I just tried it, and the whole bulk of the page loads before the gun sound. Then some graphics (buttons and such) load, then the gun sound comes on again, then my lower status bar says "Done". All within about 30 or 40 seconds on my 56K dial-up and IE 5.something.

I know I'm missing various plug-ins, but the one for .WAV audio files (the shooting noise used by AGR) isn't one of them. That's the only plug-in that gets used on their home page, to the best of my knowledge.

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just tried the AGR home page and the products link. Both pages just kept trying to load with no success. I let it go for about 10 min.

When I ordered from Gary, I told him the problem and he said no one else had trouble, then kind of blew it off. I'm sure he's either busy or does not do the web pages.

Oh well... Thanks for the help. I'm off to work. I'll check for replies tomorrow.
smile.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hello.
I am the webmaster for www.arizonagunrunners.com and I am writing to find out more about your problem with accessing our web site. We would like to help you resolve this problem but we need some information from you if this is OK. Stuff needed. Browser used and version, your geographical location (city and state). If possible the IP address of your computer when connected at the time you cannot access our site. If you don't know know how to determine your IP address that is alright. I could walk you through this igf needed. It would be lengthy to do so in this manner. I could call you or send you a separate email. Thanks for your help.

Darell

Flashaholic
My pleasure.

Though their site works great for me, I've never heard the "machine gun sound" that other talk about. Don't know what's up with that (not that I feel like I'm missing anything - but it may be another clue of a problem with the site).

- Darell

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
I keep my speakers turned off when I surf the web. Usually when there is a sound on a web site my whole computer freezes for a second or two until the sound is played. The freeze thing never happens at the AGR site. When it was suggested by JackStraw to check for a sound I turned my speakers on (actually headphones going though a mixer) to see if I get the sound. As before nothing happened.
frown.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Oooh. My bad. Though my speakers are turned on, my lovely daughter had just unplugged them (and now has managed to pull all of the insulation stuffing out of the bass port with her tiny little hand). Works for me now...

Darell

Flashaholic
Though I have not gotten a reply, the info@ email seems to have gone through. I asked for the webmaster's email. You may want to try the same thing....

Good luck,
Darell

Tree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ummm... Mr. Ravin Sir, I could not find your e-mail address in the profile section. Please check my e-mail (link at the top of this post) and e-mail me at your convenience so we can get this started.
smile.gif

Thank you