SMILIES WANTED !! post the links here please

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
SMILIES WANTED !! post the links here please

Lately we've seen a lot of new and interesting Smilies/Graemlins, in CPF posts.

Would people please post some, in this Topic, or links to websites featuring a selection.

I like the ones @ http://www.plauder-smilies.de/
which was originally posted by SFDB's member ho71ko, Holger on CPF (I think ! )

There are some really cute ones there. The site is in German, but a smiley is a smiley ......

To choose one, you first click on one of the smiley style indicators in the "Smiley-Rubriken" section, which then takes you to another page with a selection of that type.

Then, click on the particular smiley you want, and the UBB code is displayed at the bottom of the page, ready-highlighted, to copy and paste into your post.

So for instance, if you click on
cool.gif
in the "Smiley-Rubriken" section, you can then select a smiley like this:
coolman.gif

or this:
AZZANGEL.gif

or this:
thinkerg.gif

Click on
orangehat.gif
in the "Smiley-Rubriken" section, and there's:

phone.gif

or this,

tophat.gif

and about 100 others.

lightlover
xyxwave.gif

Lonewolf

Enlightened
*ridiculous* click the link at the bottom of the page and you go to an all english site.

urinate.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
*ridiculous* click the link at the bottom of the page and you go to an all english site.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOps !

kopfpatsch.gif
rotwerd.gif
crap.gif
blush.gif
rotaeye.gif
squarecycle.gif
peepwall.gif
user.gif

lightlover

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want to include CPF's own Smilies / Graemlins in your post.

When you go to post a reply or start a new Topic, the "Post A Reply / New Topic" page comes up. Just below the text entry window, on the left side, there is an "Instant Graemlins" section. The top row looks like this:

smile.gif
frown.gif
blush.gif
grin.gif
wink.gif

If you click on any one of those, they are automatically inserted into your post. You won't actually see the Graemlin appear in the text window, just the code for it.
That code looks something like [cool] for
cool.gif
or [rolleyes] for
rolleyes.gif
But instead of the [ ] square brackets as shown above, the code will have a colon ":" on either side of the word instead.

However, once you've clicked on "Add Reply", they'll show up as the animated icons we all know and love.

For some reason, no matter where the cursor is, they always insert at the very end of the text you've entered.

So if you've finished composing your message and then want to add some Smilies to it, you have to click on the "Instant Graemlins", to have them appear at the end of your message, then use the copy and paste function to place them where you want.

If the message you are posting has some complicated : or ; or ) punctuations/symbols in it, that may make a Smilie show up without you wanting it to.

To get around that, at the bottom of the message entry page there is an "Options" section. Just put a tick in the box next to "Disable smilies in this post".

That can be done after you've posted if you see a problem in the message. Just click on the "Edit post" icon at the top of your post, and tick that box, then click on "Edit Post" to clear it up.

Oh, and there is a limit of 8 of the things to any one post.

I hope that hasn't complicated things too much ......

lightlover
tongue.gif

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 5BY5:
*ridiculous* click the link at the bottom of the page and you go to an all english site.

urinate.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your urinator is cool, but mine is NEW.
(This is the "smiley" that I mentioned "only somebody like me could possibly think of")

urin8r.gif

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

I might even try to add a smiley to it.
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've put smileys in a e-mail before now, just by cutting and pasting. [Edit - I mean literally, just highlighting the smiley's image, going to "copy" and then pasting the result.] It's worked OK - even the animated ones seem to stay animated. The e-mail has to be in rich text format of course.

lightlover

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by telephony:
urin8r.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Latest posts