Halloween - flashaholics favorite holiday?

Gatsby

Enlightened
I know I'm already pondering my light assortment for Halloween trick or treating ...

HDS EDC B42XRGT will be the main task light (as almost always).

Streamlight Strion - for higher output/throw spot use

Son will carry a minimag with a Niteze module.

Labrador Retriever will have a red Photon on his collar!

What will everyone else be carrying? :D

h2xblive

Enlightened
Probably my G2 with a P61 lamp.

I love the smell of melted Lexan on a fall evening... :grin2:

JimH

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kids in my neighborhood will be carrying these battery operated light sticks because that's what I give out instead of candy. I picked up a bunch of them in a group buy conducted by wits end last year.

Pict0181.jpg

Pict0202.jpg

Pict0193.jpg

Pict0191.jpg

clipse

Enlightened
HDS EDC U60, Surefire A2, and Amility Neo T3 on me. My wife will have a fauxton that I attached to her zipper on her purse, probablly her Streamlight TT 1L, and maybe a fenix L1T.

If we take our little nephew then he will be wearing one of the battery operated light sticks like the above post. :)

Oh, yeah, I'll probably have the Borealis and G&P R500 as well just for shock value. :D

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
Probably mostly my spooky flashlight that makes 8 different spooky noises for the kids who come to the door. Maybe something like the RR 2 AA with it s perfect spot of light to spot them like a spotlight.

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
JimH - I bought a few of those at a Walmart in Delaware a few months ago for around $1 each. They are a hoot and my kids love them.

I was supposed to be out of town this year but due to circumstances I'll be at home. I think I may take the HID out with us, and let my son use one of the SFs.

dixemon

Enlightened
The kids will be wearing chemlights and I will be sporting a HDS60GT, A2 and probably a M6 in case I really need to light up some monsters.

mdocod

Flashaholic
we have some neighbors up the road who have a party every year- they are on 40 acres and scatter little toys and trinkets all over their wooded property the day before. hundreds of them. The night of the party, they set everyone loose to see who can find the most little trinkets. So it's always very dark, and usually pretty cold.... I'll be carrying a hefty complement of lights for my fiance and me.
I'll probably bring a big spotlight like the thor or amondotechHID,.. but also my Ultrafire 2x17670>P91 light, A brinkman Maxfire, probably the Nuwai 5W (ALX-253L), a pair of LEDbeams, and some multi-LED lights.

h2xblive

Enlightened
mdocod said:
we have some neighbors up the road who have a party every year- they are on 40 acres and scatter little toys and trinkets all over their wooded property the day before. hundreds of them. The night of the party, they set everyone loose to see who can find the most little trinkets. So it's always very dark, and usually pretty cold.... I'll be carrying a hefty complement of lights for my fiance and me.
I'll probably bring a big spotlight like the thor or amondotechHID,.. but also my Ultrafire 2x17670>P91 light, A brinkman Maxfire, probably the Nuwai 5W (ALX-253L), a pair of LEDbeams, and some multi-LED lights.

Wow, sounds like a great time!

alberto

Enlightened
Used my Surefire L4 the last couple of years for "lightning" effect with a fog generator. Kids loved it. Then used it to guide my kids door to door.

Bror Jace

Enlightened
We had a similar thread a few weeks ago:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/135920&highlight=Halloween

Unfortunately, the Ghost II lights I ordered got held up and didn't arrive. My niece and nephew will have to make do with the stop-gap Dorcy Gel rubber-covered lights I gave each of them back in July. Both got a 1AAA and a 2AA.

They also have those button-powered, colored light sticks. Those are Dorcy lights ... or are they Garrity? I gave them a pair at Christmas last year. My guess is that their Mommee threw them out when the batteries died. :(

I'll be carrying either my 3W MXDLV or my 3AA MagLED ... but I won't be out with the kids too long that night.

I gave a ladyfriend a 2AA Minimaglite with a Nite-Ize drop-in for her 1st night out with her little ones ... one is 2, the other 6 months. :)

thunderlight

Enlightened
I teach daytime and evening math classes on Tuesday. I will be wearing a wizard's hat reminiscent of the sorcerer's apprentice in Fantasia. Integral to the costume will be the use of a black body red LED Inova X5 and I may use a black paLite eLite with the orange safety cone.

Note: I also acquired 2 New US made Halloween motif plastic Eveready 2D flashlights, one black, one orange from Target, mainly to add to my assorted flashlight collection.

RobbW

Newly Enlightened
Surefire A2. Kids will have AA MiniMags with NiteIz drop ins.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Lots of good suggestions here for the trick-or-treaters. I hope everyone has a safe and fun evening!

Halloween is quickly becoming the second largest holiday in the States in terms of decorating. I've always done up the front yard/porch with lots of spider webs and glowing things and bathing the whole scene in lots of black light.