Costco's light buyer is driving me NUTS!!

StuGatz

Enlightened
I recently picked up a number of the Garrity 9 LED flashlight (torch for our Brit Bros) four packs from a SoCal Costco at what I thought was an incredible price. I like to have available, at least one inexpensive light that can be used for routine work and/or kept as redundant and multiple location availability.

Today I was able to score that last package of the Garrity 9 LED 4 packs at a store and stumbled upon several other lights!!!

The flashlight buyer for Costco is constantly tempting me with low cost options to the higher end lights that we use!!!! I'm feeling like some kind of crack-head when I find these things.

I picked up several of the following today:

1) Stanley "Maxlife 369 Tripod" lights @ $19.00 each. These use AA batteries, can work with as little as 3 or as many as 9 batteries. This has three brightness settings, a low battery indicator, has a nice non-adjustable metal tripod, and seems relativey well built although it does not seem extremely rugged. This should make a nice work and area light.

2) A made for Costco "Emergency Light" @ $18.89 for a double package. These use four AA batteries and appear to be a mini lantern with four LEDs and two brightness settings.

3) Dorcy Hawkeye 1 Watt LED @ $28.89 for a double package. These use 3 AAA batteries, are a little brighter than my HDS Ultimate 60GT on the brightest setting, and the body is a little bigger than my old SF 6P.

Well that's it for now... I think I'm fully certifiable at this point. :)

All the very best,

Stuart

StuGatz

Enlightened
Keep checking with the stores in your area from time to time. I have heard that different stores will receive items at different time periods.

As I walked into the area where the lights are displayed I saw the display for the Dorcy Hawkeys. Another chap was standing there and holding a package of the Garrity lights. I was just about to mention how impressed I was with the light vs. price and suggest that he try it out when he put the package down and walked away. At that time I noticed that it was the last package of the garritys left... :)

Of course, that package went into the cart along with several of the Dorcys. :)

Stuart

StuGatz

Enlightened
BigusLightus said:
...Have you tried those $2.50 lights from fifthunit? Are they worth buying? I love the price and they might make great giveaways.

Plus they are aluminum... Instead of the plastic Garritys. Although the plasic bodies have their good points as well. :)

Stuart

Calina

Enlightened
Biguslightus

I have no experience with these lights or with Fifthunit.

I first got the information from this thread : http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=138562
Sorry, I should have listed it in my first post.

You might also be interested by this thread -(Has anyone ever bought from fifthunit.com? ) :
http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136987

Delivery takes about three weeks as I understand.

BigusLightus said:
Calina,

Have you tried those $2.50 lights from fifthunit? Are they worth buying? I love the price and they might make great giveaways.