offers for stuff out the back door, not good.

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have received some offers for inventory that is out the back door.

In one case it is someone that is making products for someone else.
The other case I think is stuff being stolen by an employee.

This is not stuff that I carry but I do not want to get inventory like this. This the wrong way to get the edge on competion.

I am in hopes that they people doing this will see this as they are obviously looking in CPF to find who dealers might be.

This is a dishonest practice and I will not have any part of it. It makes me wonder about the honest and ethics of some people. I hope no one helps these people because all it does is encourage dishonest behaviour.

Casual Flashlight User

Flashlight Enthusiast
In one case it is someone that is making products for someone else.

Can you say what brand it is?

Then if we are offered a fantastic deal on said brand we can assume it's not the real deal and leave it well alone.

Props for honest business practices as well.
thumbsup.gif

CFU

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Out the back door comes in two forms.

One form is and employee steal the merchandise by pusing it out the back door or the factory or someone in managment cheats the company and inventory vanishes then is made available sometimes at a price lower to others that it cost the manufacturer to make.

The other form is where a company hires another company to manufacture an item. Often the one that hired the manufacturer has to pay for tooling, R@D which is often more costly than actualy manufacturing, and has to pay many other expenses. After the manufacturing proces starts the company that is making the stuff is responicible for supplying the company that paid for the tools and the R@D. Sometimes these manufacturers will sell that same item to other people bypassing those that pay for all of the work.

One way to spot this. Lets say someone is selling something at a price that cannot be belived, if the person that owns the rights to the product has never heard of this person or did not sell to them. Something could be wrong. While it is possible they got it from a third party legally, one has to wonder how you get a better selling price by going through 3 layers as apposed to just two layers. There are times that this is legit if the party in the middle sells vastly below cost to unload dead inventory.