RAFFLE?

Terrapin Flyer

Newly Enlightened
I'm presently the admin & organizer for a raffle on another forum for one of my other hobbies (airsoft). Prizes for that raffle will be awarded the first week in April. I'd be happy to do it for this forum, if there was enough interest.

I have a system using unique email addresses, templated email responses, and a spreadsheet/dbase setup for tracking and number assignments. It is a NON-PROFIT, SELF-FUNDING program. Prizes are agreed upon beforehand, sponsors arranged for and given promotion on the site and on all emails, and everyone involved is kept fully informed. There is a $ goal to fund the prizes and a cutoff date for buying tickets. If there are insufficient funds for all the prizes, the lowest ranked (4th, 3rd, heaven forbid 2nd place) are eliminated. Tickets purchased via PayPal. Prizes awarded in a public location (ooh, CPF Party?) where there are witnesses. The raffle requires a few things to be successful, objective and fair:

SPONSORS
Not looking for freebies necessarily, but products at cost would be nice. All promo is at their approval and that of the forum administrators.

PARTNER
I can't do it all with a forum this big. This person would help me contact sponsors, send off emails, update the spreadsheet/dbase and update messages on the forum.

3RD PARTY OBSERVER
Someone that will watch over the handling of emails, funds, and the raffle dbase, but does not actually perform these duties (the partner & myself do that). This person is NOT affiliated with the admin of the raffle, but is a represtative of the ticket purchasers and forum. Their role is to make sure everything is handled fairly & honestly.

FORUM ADMINS PERMISSION & ASSISTANCE
Want to make sure that the "powers that be" are ok with this. A separate area for raffle announcements would be needed so other areas of the board are not cluttered up (I'll help with moderating if need be).

NUMEROUS INTERESTED PARTIES
That's the purpose of this thread - to find out if there's any interest. To determine the type of prizes you folks might be interested in (remember, the bigger & better the prizes, the more tix have to be sold). To try & identify some sponsors (Peter?). To make sure forum admins would be comfortable with the idea.

If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to organize it and administer over it, but I can't until April, so there's plenty o' time to discuss this. So what do you folks think?

Darell

Flashaholic
Whoa! That was weird. I replied to this post, seemingly sucessfully, in the other forum but my post never showed up. Knock, knock. Anybody hear me now?

I said: "I'm in, as long as I win something!"

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, an excellent idea. I'll go for it. What about say $10 for most tickets, and $5 for the youths, students, low-waged etc. One per member number ?

Sounds like it's a lot of admin. and work generally ......

lightlover
smile.gif