Gladius and Rechargeables

ChristophW

Newly Enlightened
Hello together

i don't understand the thing with the rechargeables batteries/akkus:mad:

Here in Germany we habe some rechargeables with 3V and some with 3,7V.
Which one can i use for the Gladius? Or no one of these?
I will not burn my Gladius and so i'm afraid of using rechargeables.
Here in the forum is a really long thread about the C123 Batteries and rechargeables, but my english is not so good and so i don't understood most of this.

What are the important thins with rechargeables? The 3 or 3,7V (Which one is the right one)? Or the mah-Number on the rechargeables?

I've read a thread here about rechargeables for the gladius, that the gladius will strobe every 15sek.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
This time i have some surefire and some night-ops original lithium batteries. They are great and give good power. But i need my light really every day and most of the time i have dimmed (i mean smaller the light output, is it right?) the light to perhaps 60%. But most time i need the 100% and so one batterypack will empty in perhaps one week, because i need the light round about 10-30min every night. So i need every week two new batteries.
In one year thats are round about 260 € at lowest price here for the batteries. This time i made some experience with the gladius.

Most time i've dimmed it to 50% and only when i need really full power i take the 100%. So The batteries will live round about one month. Thats ok, but perhaps with rechargeable ones it will be cheaper for me, because i don't have to pay the energy at work.

I hope you could understand me and have some ideas or helping answers for me.

Thanx for help.

Christoph W. Germany

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not know about RCR123 batteries, but I do know that you can use one Pila 600S or the older Pila 168S battery in the Gladius. Thats what I do. The low battery indicator will flash every 15 seconds when you use a rechargeable, that that is not a problem.

Hope this helps.

peace

munkybiz_9881

Enlightened
I have the Gladius and run it on 3.0v RCR123 batteries. I also did not want to try it on the 3.7v batteries because I did not want to burn up the light.

However the Gladius seems to run very well on the 3.0v, i use the protected 3.0v 650 mAh Batteries w/IC from e-lectronics.net, the IC curcuit is built into the batteries and helps to protect them from over and under voltage. IMHO these are the safest batteries for me. E-lectronics sells a kit that contains batteries and charger for about $30US.

Hope this helps you......

Also My light doesn't flash every ten seconds using these batteries, I've heard lots of reports of this.

Last edited:

ktembuser1

Newly Enlightened
I had used powerizer batteries (3.0V) from batteryspace.com and they were superb! They didn't have the blinking problem every 15 seconds and I had a total of 4 batteries so I could keep always one pair charged up fresh. I am not affiliated with batteryspace.com in any way, just a very happy customer with the use of these batteries. Here is the link:

http://www.batteryspace.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=1641

Hope this helps!

treasurydept

Newly Enlightened
This is to those who have been using the 3.0V rechargeables... do you notice any drop in output or reduction in runtime with these batteries as compared to primaries? Also, can I use the DSD charger on them?

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You will have a reduction in runtime since they only have 650mAh. I think you will lose 15-20 minutes out of an hour on runtime.

There is no drop in the output.

Yes you can use a DSD charger on the RCR123 3.0v batteries.

I also agree batteryspace.com batteries are really good.

treasurydept said:
This is to those who have been using the 3.0V rechargeables... do you notice any drop in output or reduction in runtime with these batteries as compared to primaries? Also, can I use the DSD charger on them?

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Even with 900mAh cells, you'll still get a drop in runtime. Primaries have a capacity of about 1500mAh.

The single 3.7V Li-Ions will activate the low battery indicator because the voltage from a single 3.7V cell is significantly lower than that of a pair of 3V cells in series (6V).