Leef C2M adatper question

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Hey Guys,

Just picked up one of these from Lighthound. Nice adapter btw!

I have a kl6 modded with a uwok and a db1000 that I wanted to mount on a M2/L5 body. The problem is the plastic light engine housing of the L6 won't fit into the c series bodies. Its a beautiful and handy light (I can put it together without the light engine) lol. Not very usefull that way though.

I can't be the only one with this combo idea. My question is: Do I bore out the top of the body till it fits? Or shave down the diameter of the plastic housing?
I honestly dont think there is enough material in the plastic housing.

It needs quite a bit of opening up. Don't have a micrometer handy, but would guess at least .125 needs to be removed.

I guess I'll get out the dremel. But was hoping for some expert insight before grinding away on my M2 body. Maybe I'm overlooking something.

Thanks for reading and any ideas you could toss my way.

Last edited:

tequilathursday

Newly Enlightened
Well, I got it done! Had to bore out the body a bit and also remove the ribbing on the plactic LE housing. Fits perfectly. Though due to the c2m the batteries sit about a quarter inch farther away from the tail cap. Causing the switch to be a little finicky and much more battery rattle. A small magnet on the bottom of the battery closest to the tailcap fixed that nicely.
All in all, not a bad simple mod. Looks and feels better to me than my L6 or L5 and fits perfectly in the middle of the two (size wise) . Its brighter, better spill and throws better than a KL3. Very similar to my aleph 3 db917 twok, but a little tighter. I'll have to wait to tonight to compare them at distance.